Victoria - CHANGE YOUR CLOTHES ON THE US SHOWS!!

Discussion of Victoria's TV show, It's Me or the Dog.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

yogie

Victoria - CHANGE YOUR CLOTHES ON THE US SHOWS!!

Post by yogie »

You are wearing the same outfit throughout the whole episode. We are supposed to believe that time has elapsed after you leave the family upon your initial visit and yet, when you return "one week later" or whatever the time frame, you are in the same clothes you were wearing when you see them.

I like your show - but I find it hard to believe anymore that the training miracles have taken place due to this. Your summaries and checkups from your house are also fake because again, you are wearing the same clothes. I would figure your director or producer or editor or even your wardrobe assistant would notice and do something about it. It will be much more believable if you use this form of trickery instead.
Nazgul

Post by Nazgul »

Well, if they have to wait 2 weeks every time we would see maybe 1 episode every month.
The problem is not the Victoria's clothes but the case of the dog. It's clear they need to do a lot of things in short time.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Unfortunately training miracles don't happen, it take a lot of hard work to turn a dog round even when on the TV. Programs never say how long it takes to turn a dog round which is a pity, it may give a more realistic view on dog training.

May dog trainers and behaviourists wear the same clothes, they do wash them of course but even a change of clothes can upset some dogs so when dealing with them it is a good idea to wear the same clothes.

I don't go out to many dogs but when I do I always make sure that I am wearing trackie bottoms that smell of my dogs. I find this helps nervous dogs and they are more willing to approach me.

I think you are very bad mannered by the way you have told Victoria to change her clothes, how would you like it if someone told you to change your clothes?
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
yogie

changing clothes

Post by yogie »

First off, it's a one hour episode, that through editing they can show time elapsing. So, if they wait two weeks for her return, they edit the two weeks and by her wearing a different outfit, we can see that time has elapsed.

Also, all these shows are pre-recorded, so while she is waiting the two weeks to return to Fluffy, she could be doing initial visits with 10 other dogs. That's the magic of not filming live.

Lastly, it's not bad manners. I am not saying her clothes are bad. I am saying that for us to believe that time has elapsed and she's watching the owners who are having trouble "while she's gone" and then she returns to give them a scolding - make it look more realistic and have a different outfit on.

I just saw an episode with the Unhappy campers and it drove me crazy. They portray that the "lazy" father wasn't doing his fair share and was having a breakdown during the family's alone time. Victoria is watching from "home" in the same little white t-shirt/green button down sweater that she wore during her initial visit supposedly a week earlier. Then, "oh, it's time for a visit" she returns, and guess what - same jeans, white t-shirt and green sweater.

At least in the UK version, she always wore the same S&M type of outfit that it was hard to tell if anything changed.

Lastly, I know this is tv and I should try to suspend reality for a little while. But, again, make it look more realistic and believable during my fantasy of "oh, look how quickly they turned that dog around".
Nazgul

Re: changing clothes

Post by Nazgul »

yogie wrote:First off, it's a one hour episode, that through editing they can show time elapsing. So, if they wait two weeks for her return, they edit the two weeks and by her wearing a different outfit, we can see that time has elapsed.
I wish suggest you another teory..
Could be, Victoria's clothes, a uniform?
I think she choose this look like a flag. Do you see she wear gloves when she drive? Who were gloves when drive today? Nobody.. just piilot of F1 or other cars races.
The car, the look.. the strange way to keep the hair.. I think she wanna keep this immage because this permitt her to be recognized.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Yogie most of your questions should go to the program makers, I think you will find that Victoria has very little to say in what goes into the program.

That is just your opinion about her clothes, I am sure if her clothes were a problem the program makers would do something about them but for all we know, her wearing the same clothes could be their instructions.

The way you have worded your first post is bad manners.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

I don't get why her clothes are such a problem. Her outfit is not the purpose of the show. Maybe the producers do it so to the viewers it looks like one continuous episode instead of three or four different filmings spliced together. Or maybe they do it so they can mix up scenes a bit. I'm sure there's an actual filming reason they do it.
Lis & Addy

Post by Lis & Addy »

As someone else said, even a change of clothes can be upsetting to a stressed-out dog.

If it's two weeks between visits to a particular household (and they frequently state a time frame explicitly), VS may have done laundry twice in the interim. There's no reason why the same outfit wouldn't be clean and available to her. And if it's to lessen the risk of stressing the dogs, it's pretty silly to complain about it.

Lis
BoardHost
Site Admin

Post by BoardHost »

Yogie,
I can assure you that neither Victoria, the producers of the show, or Animal Planet are trying to make things appear other than they actually are. Victoria has taken pains to explain that training takes time and patience. The show is also very clear about the fact that time has in fact elapsed between the training sessions and the 'home review'/return visit. No one is trying to trick you. For the record, Victoria has stated many times that the format of the shooting schedule is that Victoria observes the family for one day, trains for three days, leaves, comes back anywhere from a few days to a few weeks later for the return visit. As it is a TV show, the producers feel it makes everything less jarring for the viewer if Victoria wears the same or similar clothes throughout the episode. I hope this helps clear things up for you.

Ultimately, I suppose the producers are assuming you will believe them when they say via graphic that a certain amount of time has elapsed.

I will ask you to modify your general tone away from being quite so accusatory about deceitful practices on Victoria's part. If you have a legitimate question or concern about the show, please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
BoardHost
Ticklishpup

Post by Ticklishpup »

yogie,, I understand,, I feel the same way,,, She should change her clothes,, I'v noticed the same thing,, ( I guess great minds think alike ) :lol: The families have changed their clothes....Anyway,, I know what your talking about,, I feel the same way...... Not Bad Manners...

Vickoria !!! Change your clothes,,
mum24dog

Post by mum24dog »

You know - I'd never noticed.
Too interested in the content of the show to bother about trivia.
If the family members have changed their clothes for those who need confirmation of a time lapse, what's the big deal?

Pam
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Me either... !

Ticklishpup - could I ask you to re-read the post immediately above yours, although addressed to the original poster the content actually applies to everyone using this board.

If anyone has an issue with aspects of the show OTHER than dog training, you would be best advised to approach the company who produce the show.
Alfie F.

Post by Alfie F. »

Really folks! Surely what matters here is not what Victoria is wearing (or indeed what the owners are wearing). We should all be focusing on the dog and how Victoria deals with the problems the family are experiencing.

I think we all agree that Victoria does achieve great, positive results and that is all that should matter. We all want happy, well behaved dogs.

Thank you, Victoria, for some great TV viewing. Wish you were still here in the UK!
DawnStorm

Re: Victoria - CHANGE YOUR CLOTHES ON THE US SHOWS!!

Post by DawnStorm »

Hey, as long as those parts of the body that society dictates must be covered, are indeed covered, I don't care what covers them. :mrgreen:
I had no idea that some dogs would find a change of clothes stressful. :shock:
My current crew:
Bruce the Albino Dobe; Flanders the Belgian Malinut; Leela, Scuttlebutt, and Felix, da kitties.
All much-loved but not spoiled!
Sequeena

Re: Victoria - CHANGE YOUR CLOTHES ON THE US SHOWS!!

Post by Sequeena »

Who cares about the clothes when she helping dogs? :)
I've noticed she rotates the same clothes, it could be she can't be bothered wearing something new all the time and having to find things that fit. She wears things that are comfy.

I usually wear the same trousers and always wear the same wellies when walking, so what?