Crufts 2019 and question?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ZaraD

Crufts 2019 and question?

Post by ZaraD »

Hi all

Me and mom have been at crufts everyday , yesterday i did a lot of shopping for Lara and When i was shopping i saw a woman walking a dog ( i thought it was a Golden retriever) the owner of the shopping stand i was loooking at asked if it was a hovawart and the owner said yes hes a Hovawart , i swear i thought it was a Golden it must be hard to tell the difference. I overheard the owner say that Hovawarts have a "Low Boredom Threshold?" Anyone know what that means in terms of dogs as i searched on google and all i got was what it means for humans so thought I'd ask here as iv never heard that term berfore?

So far best in show contenders we have a Scottish Terrier ( again cant belive a Scottie has won the terrier group two years in a row) , Peite Basset Griffon Vendeen, Samoyed, Boxer, Irish Water spaniel. We still have the toy and utility group today but is anyone already got there winner?

For me im team Scottish terrier again like last year as i adore Scotties most people watched lady and the tramp for lady but nope not me i watched it for Jock the Scotty.
JudyN

Re: Crufts 2019 and question?

Post by JudyN »

I imagine 'low boredom threshold' means that it's not long after a walk that the dog starts up 'Muuuum, I'm booooored, look, here's a soggy tennis ball, I'll drop it on that book you're reading then you can throw it for me.' But quite possibly, the dog simply isn't getting enough of the right sort of stimulation.

I adored the Irish water spaniel, he's my favourite so far, though I've also got a soft spot for Basset Griffon Vendeen and samoyeds (an old woman I knew as a child had a samoyed and I used to go visit. Can't remember the woman's name, but the sammy was called Cora :wink: )

I was gutted the saluki didn't do better, I thought she was a stunner. OH much prefered the borzoi - salukis are too pretty for his liking (I should take that personally...).

I'm looking forward to seeing the team of whippets and whippet x collies (who looked far more like the former than the latter) in the flyball tonight. They've broken the Crufts record time and I'm wondering if we're going to see more pointy dogs in the event from now on.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

Without being able to ask the person who said it, I am not so sure we will ever know what they were trying to say for sure.
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Judy i am in the arena ( have been nearly all day) and i watched the flyball. The final was tense and i was on the edge of my seat you will enjoy it Judy so dont miss as it was really good. I wont tell you who won.

I have not that long ago just seen who won friends for life award and i was very happy with that outcome too again i wont spoil anything unless you want too.
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Im no longer on team scotty , im team barry the Shih Tzu who won the Utility group a lot of members of my family have Shih tzus and all the ones i have been around have fantastic temperaments.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

The flyball was awesome, wasn't it, Zara?

It's a shame the Irish water spaniel didn't show so well in the final, he looked as if he was finding it all a bit much. The papillon did seem to have a bit of star quality about him so I'm not surprised he won.

Interesting how popular Dave was in the people's vote. I couldn't help thinking that that's why you shouldn't have a people's vote on anything that actually matters....
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

I loved the flyball i was team aces so was thrilled when they won , it was tenser then i thought it would be as i thought they would win easy but when it started with a tie i was shocked then they got a point only for the third dog to drop the ball in the next race. Glad when they won though.