Canine consultant like emmabeth?

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ZaraD

Canine consultant like emmabeth?

Post by ZaraD »

Hi all

Sorry if not been on for so long but iv been busy finding a good golden breeder and have found one and she is having a litter at the end of the year and the pups will be ready for there new homes in the new year. So shall be sharing lots of Goldie photos with you all in the new year :D

Anyways I'm posting as a family friend I know very well is also a first time owner and is 100% that she wants a GSD and has read all the posts on here and still 100% wants one she's thinking of getting help from day one with the breed she's chosen and was thinking that maybe finding someone who's as knowledgeable and has a lot of experience like emmabeth has might help her prevent any problems? Do you agree that getting help in on day one to prevent issues rather than fix them will help her with the breed she's chosen?

And how could she find someone similar to emmabeth? She's in Cheshire just in case emmabeth or any of you know anyone?
emmabeth

Re: Canine consultant like emmabeth?

Post by emmabeth »

I am finding more and more people are seeking professional advice before they get their puppy and as someone who provides that advice I think it is brilliant!

The good news is you don't necessarily need the person giving the advice to be local - I am currently advising a lady from Surrey and she's well on her way to getting her first puppy, and we've never met!

The way forward is to check out trainers and behaviourists websites, check they belong to good organisations, for example VSPDT, APDT, PPG, PACT, IMDT.... and then get in touch and ask if they provide such a service. Many may do so without actually advertising it!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
ZaraD

Re: Canine consultant like emmabeth?

Post by ZaraD »

emmabeth wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:53 pm I am finding more and more people are seeking professional advice before they get their puppy and as someone who provides that advice I think it is brilliant!

The good news is you don't necessarily need the person giving the advice to be local - I am currently advising a lady from Surrey and she's well on her way to getting her first puppy, and we've never met!

The way forward is to check out trainers and behaviourists websites, check they belong to good organisations, for example VSPDT, APDT, PPG, PACT, IMDT.... and then get in touch and ask if they provide such a service. Many may do so without actually advertising it!
Thank you so much emmabeth I was going to ask if she couldn't find anyone could she get in contact with you. So just so I'm clear you agree with me that having someone like yourself to help her with a GSD is a good idea and means she can get a GSD?