Introducing Wilma the cocker spaniel

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Cocker pup

Introducing Wilma the cocker spaniel

Post by Cocker pup »

Hi
My pup Wilma is a 14 week old girl who we got a fortnight ago. Based in South Wales, she is a working cocker who will be our family pet. We have previous had a springer spaniel and border collie so are very aware of the demands of a working dog, but we love the intelligence, energy and personality that they offer.
I am ashamed to say that our first dog (border collie) was trained using both reinforcement and punishment approaches (nothing too physical) and this had an impact on his later anxieties. He was a wonderful but nervous dog. This is why I am so determined to keep the training of Wilma 'positive' and in the past week she has come on leaps and bounds with toilet training, and learnt commands like sit and down. In addition her confidence is growing.
We are having problems with separation anxiety which manifests itself in howling when we are out (pleases we post under training) but it is early days :D
Anyhow, I am sure I'll be picking everyone's brains over the coming months. But for now, hi from both of us
Suzette

Re: Introducing Wilma the cocker spaniel

Post by Suzette »

Hi and welcome! My mom had a cocker spaniel that was such a lovely, wonderful, loving dog! I hope to see some pics of your sweet girl soon! :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
gwd

Re: Introducing Wilma the cocker spaniel

Post by gwd »

buuuut, where are the pictures???? we mos def need to see ms Wilma! :)