separation anxiety or a health problem

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

art99413

separation anxiety or a health problem

Post by art99413 »

Hello,
I am new to this forum and I have a concern with my dog Lucy. She is about 8 years old and she is a spaded female who never had a litter. She is a fox terrier- italian grey hound mix. Lucy is also a rescue. We found her running around the streets and after a week of trying to locate her pet parents I adopted her. I don't think that the other people took care of her; she has severe gingivitis, several scars/burn marks and scar tissue build up in her throat. Lucy is house trained and knows several commands, like sit, stay and leave it. However, recently she started to pee in the house. I'm not sure if it is a medical concern, she passed her general physical, or separation anxiety. We were gone for only two hours and I walked her before we left and she still peed in the house. We even left a light on for her since it was later in the evening.

Any ideas?
Erica

Re: separation anxiety or a health problem

Post by Erica »

Start with a vet check. If it is a medical issue, no amount of training can change that and it could get worse if left untreated.

If the vet gives her a clean bill of health, we can help figure out what the problem is and how to work on it. :)
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14