Four greyhounds!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Grey4dk

Four greyhounds!

Post by Grey4dk »

Hello all of you. I live in Denmark with my four ex-racing greyhounds. Two are my hands on rescues the two others were unwanted too. All of my greyhounds are mature males none of them are neutered. I have no problems with any of them. I use positive reinforcement as I know it works better than anything else especially with sighthounds.One of my greyhounds had been beaten and because of that he was nervous every time he heard a male voice. This was when I picked him up on the fourth of July 2011 now he is a strapping young greyhound with lots of confidence and he is relaxed and happy. I show him and he has just gotten the second highest mark avaliabel he has also been approved for breeding according to FCI rules. I am very proud of him and love him very much as I do my other three greyhounds. My newest greyhounds is five years old and is setteling in very nicely he has been with me for sixteen days now. He comes when called walks nicely on his leash and is a very loving soul. He has had quite a past but this is all behind him now. The introduction of him to the others has gone well a few disagreements between him and my youngest greyhound but they are learning to live with each other and they are slowly but surely establishing a pack.My greyhounds are named thus:Tristan,Darcy,Collin and Chris.Thanks for letting me join. :D :D :D :D :D
Suzette

Re: Four greyhounds!

Post by Suzette »

Welcome!! Your group of dogs sound lovely. I hope you'll be able to post some pictures of them soon. :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
Grey4dk

Re: Four greyhounds!

Post by Grey4dk »

Thanks Suzette your Corgi looks very sweet. I will see about posting a few pictures of my lads. :D :D :D :D :D