My dad can walk!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Sarah83

My dad can walk!

Post by Sarah83 »

Thanks sooooo much for all the good thoughts for my dad everyone. Just to let you all know he's on his feet to some extent now. He's having physio and apparently has some weakness in the left side of his body but not enough that it'll stop him getting around. He's using a zimmer frame at the moment but chances are he won't need that once his muscles have been built up again. He's been flat on his back for a month so it's no wonder he's weak!

He looked like a pirate when we went to see him yesterday, he's got a beard and an eye patch and wouldn't look out of place in Pirates of the Caribbean! :lol:
Nettle

Re: My dad can walk!

Post by Nettle »

GREAT NEWS made my day! :D

Make him a cardboard parrot.....
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

Great news, Sarah! Thanks so much for the update.
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

Lol Nettle, I said I should have brought Ruperts parrot toy so we could sit it on his shoulder. Then I'd just have to buy him one of those kids swords and we could have had swashbuckling adventures in Salford hospital :lol:
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

Sarah83 wrote:Lol Nettle, I said I should have brought Ruperts parrot toy so we could sit it on his shoulder. Then I'd just have to buy him one of those kids swords and we could have had swashbuckling adventures in Salford hospital
:lol: I'd say go for it! Probably be the most fun they've had in that hospital in years!
So glad to hear your dad is really on the mend. Now we'll be waiting for news they've sent him home.
Which the nursing staff would probably be more eager to do if he was an armed pirate.... :lol:
Last edited by thepennywhistle on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hey, that's great news, Sarah! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Oh, that's awesome! So glad to hear it-- be sure and let your dad know how many people are cheering for him. :D
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Yay!

Cyberparty time!!! :D

:D :) 8) :lol: :P :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink: :P :lol: 8) :) :D :D :D :) :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) :P :P :P :P :wink: :wink: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) 8)
--dontpugme
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Brilliant news!!! I am so pleased to read that. Definitely, toy parrot and sword time! :)
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Cheering from Virginia Hip Hip Horray! Hip Hip Horray! Hip Hip Horray! :D :D :D
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
troop

Post by troop »

I am new back here so have missed all the goings on but wanted to wish you and your dad well, thats fab he is up and about and you should definately have a pirate swashbuckling adventure in the hospital ....he can make you walk the plank lol xxxx
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

that is good news sarah
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

Thanks everyone :mrgreen: We're all so pleased, it's a huge weight off my mums mind, she was really worried he wouldn't be able to walk as there's no way she could push him in a wheelchair or help him to the bathroom or anything like that.

I'm now booked on a flight back to Germany where I'll be reunited with my beloved Rupert Bear. It will be 8 weeks since I've seen him by the time I get back. Poor dog probably thinks I've abandoned him. And of course I'll be reunited with my wonderful husband who should have seaweed growing on his shoulder for the number of times I've cried on it. At least Calvin understands what's going on though, all poor Rupert knows is that I got really upset, shoved him in kennels and haven't gone back. Poor Boo. He's played Calvin up something shocking the last few weeks too.
springchowie11

Post by springchowie11 »

Oh, thats good.
HURRAY :D :) :o :o :o :o :o
springchowie11