Energy level of pitbull or a pittie mix

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

luvmydogs

Energy level of pitbull or a pittie mix

Post by luvmydogs »

If you have a pittie or a mix do you consider them a low energy breed ??? Mine does like to go for walks..After a certain point maybe a mile and half she will give a little whine..Treats will help to keep her moving..She definatly will keep up with no effort but she doesn't seem to enjoy it at that point..Do you find that being home and on the couch with the pillow is what your pup seems to like better?? My GSD will go for a 6 mile hike over rough terrain and could still go for a 4 mile run with no problem.. My border collie could go forever but we all no that is no comparison..Are pitties couch potatos??? I think they might be..Let me know what your pitties endurace is...I'm hoping I finally have a dog that will be happy to just lay on my couch with me and snuggle for the night.... :D
Wes

Re: Energy level of pitbull or a pittie mix

Post by Wes »

I think for a terrier, they're couch potatoes, but only in comparison to other terriers. My Rosie loves to cuddle and nap, but she does get her zoomies at least once a day. She whines after about a half hour walk as well, but I attribute this more to her anxiety than anything else.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

That doesn't sound right for a Pit. In fact it doesn't sound right for any healthy dog.

How old is she? Is she overweight? Do you know if she has had any health issues? Tell us more about her.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

If she was my dog I would take her to the vets for a full check-up including bloods, this isn't normal for any dog.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
luvmydogs

Post by luvmydogs »

I never thought of her being anxious but that could be the reason..She isn't overweight and her health is good..When she comes home from her walk she will run and play with my GSD..It's not like it is physical..I just felt that she wasn't enjoying herself but being anxious makes sense..I've always had high energy dogs so it is nice to have one that will just chill and not make me feel guilty because I want to relax..She loves to zoom and will do that several times a night..It is more entertaining than the tv.. :) Thanks everyone for your thoughts