Settled

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Shalista

Settled

Post by Shalista »

So I may have posted about this before but it just really hit me today. Lately I've been trying to read more and get off the computer. I went to Bax's chair, sat down to read and he hopped up right next to me and curled up to sleep! I started giving him careless back scratchies as I read. A moment later he stretched out into full snooze mode with his jowls all wrinkly and pressed against my knee and his back legs stretched out by my hip. He stayed there for half an hour occasionally shifting or yawning or chewing an itchy on his back.

this coming from a dog who a mere three years ago didn't want to be TOUCHED by anyone and would recoil and hide if a hand came anywhere near him. I recall he once snarled at my sister when she tried to pet him.

total cuddle bug and champion snoozer now!!!! It literally brings a tear to my eye. I wanted this for him for so long and to see him so relaxed around me just makes me so happy.

This is the power of positive training, patience, and time! (and 700+ posts on Positively :wink: :roll: )
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
Erica

Re: Settled

Post by Erica »

Awwww <3 You've done so well with him! Congratulations :)
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
AliceGrimm

Post by AliceGrimm »

Congratulations!!!!! He has come such a long way! That is so wonderful!!!

You've done a lot of hard work and have a lot to show for it! I am so happy you have a cuddle reading buddy!!!
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Shalista, you have done so well! :D
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Caesg

Post by Caesg »

Ooh, wow. This is really reading to read. Thank you for sharing!