Shivering?

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Shalista

Shivering?

Post by Shalista »

When we go to bed Bax usually sleeps on me and he spends some time making his little nest and doing some last minute grooming before bed.
We wake up at around 5:30, go for a quick pee, and then come inside for breakfast when i go back to bed for another half hour. His food is currently frozen chicken that he eats frozen.
After Bax hopped back up on my bed and curled up I thought he was still grooming but I sneaked a peak and he was shivering! I've noticed him shivering in bed a few other times to, usually when he's getting curled up and ready to go to sleep.

Should I be worried?

TL;DR my dog shivers before he goes to sleep. Normal?
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
JudyN

Re: Shivering?

Post by JudyN »

I'd try giving him his food unfrozen. As far as I know, the jury's still out on whether it matters if food is frozen or not, but it stands to reason that a lump of ice in your tummy might chill you a little - more so in a small dog than a large one. OH is sure Jasper looks a little uncomfortable after a frozen meal, though I haven't noticed this.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009