Sherlock is improving

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

master2

Sherlock is improving

Post by master2 »

I'm so proud of Sherlock just 6months ago he would lunge at every dog he saw snarling and growling , after 6months of intensive work and effort he has been lunge free for 1 whole month :D I will be keeping up with the training. :)
Nettle

Re: Sherlock is improving

Post by Nettle »

Be proud of you too - you did that training! Well done.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
master2

Post by master2 »

Thanks Nettle. I am I'm just so happy positively work :D
DogSupport

Post by DogSupport »

Good work! Keep training up with Sherlock in next months.
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Good job! :)
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
master2

Post by master2 »

Thank both for your support.

Today he actually wanted to play with a male Golden and he sniffed the bum and was friendly and as he was walking away the Golden went for him so I got really worried he would kick off but he ignored the Goldie and came back to me instead and I walked off straight away to take him out that situation. I was so proud off him for ignoreing the golide.

I was quit shocked that the Goldie lunged for Sherlock when he was walking back to me when he was wagging his tail and was fine when Sherlock was sniffing! He only lunged when Sherlock was walking away the Goldie was barking with teeth on show. The owner just said sorry and was hitting her dog telling him to stop it :x :roll: