HELP Harry has an autoimmune problem

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

troop

HELP Harry has an autoimmune problem

Post by troop »

last saturday his face had a lump on it then on sunday it bust into a blister then popped on monday the skin around his nose and swelled to ridiculous size..... :shock: trip to vet who administered antibiotics and pain killers high dose of steroids and is thinking its a canine form of lupus... tests have been sent off and will have to wait and see how well he responds to the treatment..... his nose definately looks less swelled now but he has sores in his ears and slightly sore paws :cry: i feel so bad for him we have only had him a month and i thought all his stress was over.
does anybody have any experience of this type of thing please...
Mattie

Re: HELP Harry has an autoimmune problem

Post by Mattie »

Poor Harry, I have sent him Reiki, I hope it helps.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

I'm thinking an ointment made of Golden Seal powder and fresh aloe vera pulp to put on those raw sores. Nettle? What do you think? Would Golden Seal be good for this?

Even if you can't get any Golden Seal, definitely get some fresh aloe vera. If you can get a hold of a live plant, this is how you use the leaves: Using a sharp knive, cut a plump leaf of 3-4 inches in length (amputating the leaves will NOT harm the plant!). Cut the leaf lengthwise down one side edge, fileting it open like a book. Scrape the pulp off the green leaf cover and apply. Since you can't very well cover Harry's snout with a bandage, you can just smear some of the runny juice over his open sores, and throw away the thick fleshy pulp. On other types of wounds that can be bandaged (in humans too!), just apply the whole solid, slimy mass of disgusting goodness and cover it with a bandage. Change the bandage and reapply fresh aloe three times a day. Aloe vera is also extremely soothing when chilled in the refrigerator before applying. Also refrigerate leftover amputated leaves and pulp that is no longer attached to the live plant.

Aloe Vera saved my leg. When I was a child, I got into a fight with my brother. He threw an antique metal chair at me. Unbeknownst to any of us, a tiny sliver of that metal embedded into my skin. When I took a bath, the water oxidized the metal, causing it to rust in my skin, and causing a severe bacterial infection to develop. Within three days, the spot where I had been hit reduced from a big knot to a black, mushy pit. The bacteria was munching painfully away at my flesh, and I developed red streaks going up my leg! It was painful to even walk. I was put on high powered antibiotics, but they needed help. Someone recommended fresh aloe vera and told us how to apply it. We found folks who had live plants and graciously shared the leaves with us. We applied the fresh goo to my wound and covered with a bandage, changing it three times a day. When we removed the bandage, the used up aloe would also come off, drawing with it all the nastiness from my wound. It took a couple of weeks to see improvement, and it took a whole three months for the ulcer to completely scar over. The damage went all the way to the bone, but I still have my leg.

Get some aloe vera. It really is a wondrous, medicinal plant, and it is easy to grow! :D
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
troop

Post by troop »

yes thank you i have been using aloe based gel its called wonder gel i use it on my horses and its fantastic for any skin problems
thank you for the reiki xx he does seem happier today and the wound is drying out :D