German Shepherd not eating

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

D

German Shepherd not eating

Post by D »

My 18month German Shepherd doesn't like eating that much.
When we got her 3 weeks ago we were told to feed her 2 times a day 160g of Arden Grange dry adult food as this was what she was on.

The first week was ok but she is now eating only 130-140g x2 a day. We have tried all the different flavours and we also some times add a small amount of chicken and gravy to it so she doesn't get bored.

Could it be that she just doesn't need as much food now she isn't stresses in Kennels, although she does alot more exercise now that she did then.

She doesn't seem to be loosing weight but she is already slightly under weight at 26.6Kg, but she has hip problems so we need to keep her on the lighter side.
Larny

Post by Larny »

I had a similar situation with my GSD but i find he prefers James Wellbeloved above all other food. Its formulated to be gentle on the stomach too. I usually alternate the flavour of the food each bag which keeps his interest.

Sorry thats not hugely helpful!
D

Post by D »

I have thought about getting James Wellbeing but I have tried her on some off their treats and she doesn't like them.
Larny

Post by Larny »

ironically my dog doesnt like the treats either but will eat the food :shock:
i usually just throw a bit of hot water in with it and its gone in seconds.