Question about raw meat

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Khouji

Question about raw meat

Post by Khouji »

Can I give a raw chicken to my dog as a food? Is it also okay to feed a dog with chicken bones?
JudyN

Re: Question about raw meat

Post by JudyN »

Yes, raw chicken and UNCOOKED bones are fine - cooked bones are dangerous. There's a number of threads on the forum about raw feeding if you're interested.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Khouji

Post by Khouji »

Thanks JudyN for the info. I'll check the other thread regarding raw eating.
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

JudyN wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:24 am Yes, raw chicken and UNCOOKED bones are fine - cooked bones are dangerous. There's a number of threads on the forum about raw feeding if you're interested.
An example would be to give the dog a fresh chicken wing, meat still on the bone. depending on size of the dog you might want to remove the skin first. My dog is smaller, 17/18 pounds, I removed the skin. I know someone who has a 40/50 pound dog that give two wings for dinner skin and all.

Also depending on the size of your dog, weight bearing bones might need to be avoided. I never gave my dog chicken legs. weight bearing bones are denser, harder.