Another option for raw feeders on the fourm

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ZaraD

Another option for raw feeders on the fourm

Post by ZaraD »

Hi all

So about a month ago I changed Sampson and Lara's raw supplier as they just were not eating MVM meats anymore and not only that but MVM meats kept changing what meat they had so I changed to a company called utterly Rawsome about a month ago and both have loved there food and eat it all up.

Utterly Rawsome are a raw food company and instead of there meats being minces there all chunks and I think this is what Sampson and Lara preferred as the last few Chubb's of MVM were very sloppy.

They don't add any veg instead they allow you to add veg to suit your dog the ingredients are just 80% meat and 10% offal, and if you choose the bone option it's 70% meat , 10% bone and 10% offal.

At first I thought i can't feed this to Lara as her condition means she can eat offal everyday but then when it arrived the offal was packed separately to the meat so I could feed it on a weekly basis for Lara rather than daily.

Indo add veg in Sampsons as he loves veg but Lara prefers this as she's not big on veg but they also sell supplements and Lara is ok on those.

Here's the web site if your interested.
https://utterlyrawsome.co.uk/collections/protein-packs
JudyN

Re: Another option for raw feeders on the fourm

Post by JudyN »

I started looking, but then the website fell over!

I think your percentages might be a bit out - they don't add up to 100%. And from what I did see, they all have the same amount of bone in, but it's whole in some and ground in others.

What's the typical price per kilo? It does look good, but I suspect it would be very expensive as J eats nearly a kilo a day. I draw the line at spending more on his food than I do on mine :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Ah, the website's back :D The cheapest one is chicken and buying in bulk to get a discount it would work out around £4 per day - with my current supplier (who I rate well above MVM) it's around £2.30ish a day. And Jasper doesn't like lumps of liver and some other offals but wil then guard them... So probably not for us. Having said that, it does look great and if I had a smaller dog who would eat all his liver like a good boy I'd give it a go - thanks for sharing, Zara.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Colt_An2

Post by Colt_An2 »

It's true that not everyone likes liver ; my Basset Fauve de Bretagne never enjoyed it, while the young puppy I've adopted sometimes steals it from the cats' plates... With some issues if she gets spotted, as she's still smaller than our Maine Coon :lol:
I don't raw feed my dogs all the time, but I always give them a meat/offal/bone meal at least twice a week. I don't have a specific site for that, I just go to the local butcher's shop and get the scraps, offals and a couple bits of "regular" meat mixed in!