country hunter tins

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ZaraD

country hunter tins

Post by ZaraD »

Hi

this post is on behalf of my mom who owns a 5yr old Scottish terrier. Since puppy hood he's been fed applaws dry and a month ago my mom changed his diet after months of skin problems and she changed his food to natures menu country hunter tins heres the link

https://www.naturesmenu.co.uk/wild-boar-420

after a month on this food his skin problem has gone completely and he's enjoying his food more as he wined for more afterwards. She just worried if its healthy or not as her research she learnt some of the nasty ingredients that can me in dog food. for a wet dog food does this look a healthy food?
ZaraD

Re: country hunter tins

Post by ZaraD »

Forgot to say that the ingredients are right at the bottom of the page
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Looks pretty good to me. :)
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

thanks nettle. I will let her now, when i get my first dog i will be feeding raw but my mom just isn't interested in raw. Her vet said that besides the country hunter tins she should give him some offal but i thought that only applied if you were feeding raw and my mom isn't feeding raw?

she feeds him the country hunter tins in the morning and a home cooked meal in the evening normally either fish or meat with veg and either sweet potato or butternut squash. Does she need to feed offal?
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Lucky dog! No, she doesn't need to feed offal. I seldom do, and I've fed raw since the late 1980s.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Annabellam

Post by Annabellam »

I wouldn't say am sure about the percentage but it looks pretty good to me. And if it hasn't had any health issues then i think it's pretty awesome!