Vitamins

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Shalista

Vitamins

Post by Shalista »

A) So my butcher hasn't been stocking liver for some time now and I've totally run out. the butcher didn't know when they'd be stocking liver again. Obviously I'll start shopping around to different locations for liver but in the meantime....
B) I'm also in clinic and Bax is stressed because im out of the house and not spending as much time with him.

Bax recently started shedding. A lot of shedding for him. When i initially told the vet tech that Bax was raw fed she was cautiously encouraging merely telling me that he might need a vitamin to help give him a boost if he started pica or shedding or anything like that.

Bax's shedding could be related to either A or B or a bit of both tbh. I'm taking Bax to get his nails done next weekend, should i pick up some vitamins for him while I'm there? should i try to wait this out? vitamins ho?

NOTE: i dont care if my dog sheds, really doesn't bother me. i'm just concerned that since it's a sudden change it may be related to an underlying deficiency.
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
Nettle

Re: Vitamins

Post by Nettle »

More like the hot weather. If he were mine, I wouldn't be supplementing. Mine get very little organ meat, and they do well.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Shalista

Re: Vitamins

Post by Shalista »

That's good to hear. :D I'm still very new to raw so every little change gives me a spike in blood pressure. :?
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13