He Won't Stop

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Quincy

Re: He Won't Stop

Post by Quincy »

The link to the dog food, where I enter his breed, age, etc doesn't work when I click on it it says oops sorry page cannot be found.

I feel really bad that he is on such a bad food. Really need to change it ASAP, is there any really good ones available from pets at home.

There is a website called tails.com. Not sure how many of you have heard of it, it's tailor made food for your dog. I entered his details and this was the result.

Total meat content 46.6%; chicken 24.7% (including 17.8% from dehydrated chicken), wheat, maize, beef 10.8%, meat meal 9%, beet pulp, wheat feed, maize gluten, seaweed meal, oats, gravy (digest) 1.6%, maize gluten feed, peas, brown rice, fish meal 0.5%, linseed, yeast, brewer's yeast, chicory extract, glucosamine, chondroitin sulphate

I was just wondering if anyone has ordered from it
delladooo

Post by delladooo »

Honestly, I wouldn't use tails - it's a marketing ploy. I can't think what's in p@h (I feed raw) but if allaboutdogfood isn't working for you to put in the details you can just browse the directory so you can always look at a food on the web and then go there to see how it rates. If you can, I'd probably suggest looking elsewhere online for a food supplier regardless of what brand you use as you can probably find it cheaper :D
Sanna

Post by Sanna »

Barking Heads is a good brand, and available from Pets at Home ;)
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Looking at what Pets@Home stock and cross-referencing with the site I linked to, I've come up with the following - I haven't gone through their whole stock, there was too much, and I don't suppose they're all available in store:

Barking Heads scores 3.6-4.3 depending on variety (£6.00 per kg)
Wainwright's grain free: 4.4 :D
Wainwrights dry adult: 3.8 (£3.07)
Skinners (some varieties): 3.5
James Wellbeloved: 3.4/3.5
Applaws: 4.8 :D
Arden Grange: 3.5 (£4.25)
Autarky: 3.5
Evolution Naturally: 4.8 :D (£6.14)
Green Dog: 4.8/4.3 :D (£3.75)

Don't feel bad about feeding a poor quality food - the companies have large marketing departments for a reason :wink:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009