Natural way to prevent worms?

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

master2

Natural way to prevent worms?

Post by master2 »

Hi

Both my dogs are wormed every 3 months but there has been a lot of cases of dogs getting different types of worms in my area so other than there worming tablets what else can I do to prevent most types of worms naturally?
JudyN

Re: Natural way to prevent worms?

Post by JudyN »

I'm not familiar with any, though I've a feeling some people give diatomaceous earth to prevent infestations - don't take that as gospel though. Not letting them eat unsavoury items like dog poo or drink from stagnant water might help.

Another option is to use Wormcount - you send off a poo sample every three months and they check it for parasites. I've been using it for a couple of years or so and they've all been clear of worms so far, though they did pick up a coccidia infection which I wouldn't have realised he had otherwise.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Fundog

Re: Natural way to prevent worms?

Post by Fundog »

There are herbs out there that can help evacuate worms. They don't actually kill the worms, but make the host a less desirable place to dine. The worms merely exit the body, often still alive in the stool, preferring to dine elsewhere.
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.