Grass

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

delladooo

Re: Grass

Post by delladooo »

Theo400 wrote:Hi

Theo like cabbage , broccoli , kale, sprouts you could try these :D
He already has most of these (just not the sprouts) and still goes after grass, although he gets them whole which could be the issue. We do usually have sprouts this time of year so will try them too.
JudyN wrote:You could also try something like Dorwest's Easy Green. One review on their website said it stopped their dog eating grass.
I would never have through of trying that. I have their tree barks powder but I am ridiculously forgetful and don't always remember to give everything. They should regularly be getting diatomaceous earth and some coconut oil but it's pretty hit or miss at the minute. The tree bark I only give if there is an upset tum. I'll keep trying the fresh things for now but will try the powder if it doesn't improve because something needs to be done.

Speaking of doing something, I tried a road walk this afternoon instead of at the park and that was not much better. He had to go for every weed he could fine and tried to eat some leaves :shock: I've heard fallen leaves are dangerous when ingested (feel free to correct me) so we came home moderately quickly. Somehow we ended up being out for half an hour and only walking around the block, I think possibly I have MiMi to thank for that :lol: It doesn't help that people love to say hi to her and she needs the experience of strangers being around her and strange dogs when Laufey would love to say hi in a very overenthusiastic manner. Thankfully, there's usually two of us with the two dogs so it's not that bad but today mum was working so it was just me and MiMi is becoming increasingly unhappy about being left behind when Laufey goes on all of his walks :roll: At least she's slept all afternoon then I could get on with some work :mrgreen: