HELP Abby ate a whole apple

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

abbyneo

HELP Abby ate a whole apple

Post by abbyneo »

Abby ate a whole apple while we were out to dinner-stole it out of my bag from work. She's 65 pounds and in otherwise good health but I'm still worried (of course). The seeds from 1 apple aren't enough to hurt her, right?
abbyneo

Re: HELP Abby ate a whole apple

Post by abbyneo »

Upon further review it seems I have overreacted. Apparently she would need A LOT of appleseeds in order to be in danger. Sorry for alarming anyone.
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

My Max once ate 6 donuts. He is around 43 lbs. Well I was worried about all that sugar of course but nothing happened. I called vet & they said just watch out for diarrhea, but he was fine. I know the feeling of being alarmed when they eat something they shouldn't
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Jasper regularly used to find an apple on his morning walk - I have a theory that some kid on the way to school was chucking them out of his lunch box :lol: We also have an apple tree that grows over a thick area of undergrowth and he would often find some rotten ones in there however hard we tried to clear them. Occasionally his poos smelt of apple crumble :shock:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009