Separation anxiety in Shih Tzu?

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Robin Michelle

Separation anxiety in Shih Tzu?

Post by Robin Michelle »

I am still having problems with my shih tzu urinating in the house and I can not decide whether he is marking or may have separtion anxiety? I have been reading up on separtion anxiety and he shows most of the symptoms listed. I have been trying to watch his actions when I am getting ready to leave and trying to do things to keep him from getting so nervous. He follows me everywhere in the house, if I get out of his sight for a second he goes nuts looking for me, when I step out to take my other dog out to potty he barks and whines constantly until I come back in. He gets really excited when I come home, when I take him places he will not let me put him down he hangs on to my neck like a baby! I plan on taking him to the vet as soon as I can to try and do something about this. Everytime I leave the house he pees in the same spots usually but the puddles seem to be more than what he would use when marking. Any one with any advice or comments or similiar stories I would love to hear from you and know how you dealth with the issue.