Excitment and Separation Issues

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

shortnsweet

Excitment and Separation Issues

Post by shortnsweet »

Hi, I'm a new member here, and thought this would be the best place for some help. My sister has a dog that came from a humane society as a rescue. He has many psychological issues that include separation anxiety when we have to leave the apartment. He'll bark, claw and make quite a fuss when we leave. This is made worse by the fact that we live in the same building as people who hate dogs. We understand that he was rescued from an apartment where he was abandoned, reduced to skin and bone, and had to eat his own feces to survive. But, he's now a happy weight, extremely loving, and yet still seems to think we won't come back. What can we do? The other thing is that he loves having guests visit, but our main issue is that he will tinkle on the carpet the second someone talks to him. We can't always take him outside to meet them, and we've even told our guests to ignore him until he settles, but even settled, the second someone talks to him, the pee happens. It's quite embarrassing, and we just need some help. Thanks for reading my long entry! Sorry :lol: