Dog Soiling furniture and things Chloe taught me

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ckranz

Dog Soiling furniture and things Chloe taught me

Post by ckranz »

How much I miss her cannot be expressed in words. The thread about furniture soiling reminded me of some of the funnier aspects of Chloe's last year. As her disease progressed it became harder and harder to control her bowel movements. She was always great about letting you know she needed to go. If I was asleep she would give just a single shrill bark that would wake the dead. Pretty soon that shrill bark meant I need to go now...I mean I am going now. Towards the end it was I went. One of her saving graces was she always had very firm stools so staining and messes were never a real problem.

As she lost control, it became a daily chore to lift cushions, pick up dropping in the back seat of the car where she rode. I even woke up 1 morning as she was about to go right next to me on the bed. Yeah I was washing sheets at 3:00AM.

This include her regular trips on our potty walks for as long as she was able to walk.

One thing she taught though was there is not enough time to be frustrated or upset or angry with your dog. They have such short lives and each and every moment is precious. Spend your time wisely engaged in creating truly lasting memories because all too soon it will be time to say good bye and you want to remember all the happy wonderful fun times.

That is reflected now in how I care for my boys and flyball. I don't allow myself to get discouraged, disappointed, upset, frustrated with my boys. I only looks to see how we can create more and more wonderful fun happy memories.

Thanks you Chloe for such an important lesson. You are truly missed girl.
JudyN

Re: Dog Soiling furniture and things Chloe taught me

Post by JudyN »

Beautiful words - thank you.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009