Hello Again!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ithinkican

Hello Again!

Post by ithinkican »

I'm back after a long absence- life took a crazy turn over the past year. We lost our home this time last year, moved around a bit until finally getting settled in Oregon. When I was posting here a year ago I had 2 dogs and 4 cats. While we were homeless I ended up having to give up my dogs and 2 of the cats- I'm still heartbroken but after managing to keep the family together for months it got to the point where we all would be living in the van if I didn't. Both dogs and cats found good homes, and though I miss them I know they are okay.

Last weekend I saw an ad from someone looking for a temporary home for their dog. The lady is in a situation similar to the one I was in, and I was unable to find a temporary placement for my pets. As I am now in stable housing, I offered to care for her dog until she can take him back. This will likely be a long-term foster situation as she doesn't anticipate being able to take him back for as long as a year. This is a good situation for us both- we are enjoying having a dog again while she provides for his food and veterinary needs, and she has peace of mind knowing her dog is safe and well-cared for until she can take him back.

Koa is a 6 year old German Shepherd mix. I'm still learning his personality as he becomes more comfortable with us :)
Noobs

Re: Hello Again!

Post by Noobs »

Koa is a GSD mix? That wouldn't be Koa of "Liz and Koa," is it? It could be a crazy coincidence, but I could swear Liz was from one of the Northwest states.
ithinkican

Post by ithinkican »

Nope, just a coincidence. I didn't realize Koa was such a popular name for a GSD :D
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Ithinkican posted:
Nope, just a coincidence. I didn't realize Koa was such a popular name for a GSD
Neither did I! :shock:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown