following the forum since 2006!

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

LindaOH

following the forum since 2006!

Post by LindaOH »

Wow! I've surprised myself and finally registered! Gathered my courage because I wanted to say "hello" and "thank you" to the forum members whose posts have been so helpful to me over the years. I have followed most of your dog & life stories, good/bad...happy/sad. The focus is always positive and I respect and admire that. Unlike our daughter who grew up with the technology, the internet is a bit intimidating to me and my husband....the reason for my 4 years of reading on this site. Here's a bit about me and my (our) dog...I'm middle-aged, married, one daughter (22 yr old/grad student) and the four-footed, furry love in our lives is Chloe! She came to us as a 4 month old, yellow lab mix pup in 2006through a rescue group. She is now 4 1/2 years old and still the sweetest, gentle, loving girl! Thanks to Victoria's show and this forum, here are some things we do with Chloe: she carries in the newspaper, she helps bring in the groceries (one or two items that she won't put her teeth through!), plays hide (I do) and seek(she does), find the "Milkbone" hidden in the living room, sit, down, off, paw, other paw, speak, wait.....She likes to give kisses and can sprint around the yard (and the living room) at top speed! Our home is lakefront, so especially this summer, she takes a daily swim to cool off. I have a few questions for the experts (some may be silly, I think) but this post was a big step for me... I've still got the "first time butterflies" and I'm pretty sure I started typing over an hour ago! Thanks for reading. Warm regards, Linda (former secret admirer!) Whew...I did it...presses "submit" :D
forkin14

Re: following the forum since 2006!

Post by forkin14 »

Woo! Welcome :D No questions is silly so ask away :D
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Wow, welcome and thanks for finally joining the conversation!

You know labs are supposed to have the softest mouths and a well-trained lab can carry a raw egg without breaking it. I bet you could teach your dog to carry in ALL the groceries including the eggs! :lol: (Mine would eat the eggs though...)
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Hi and welcome :D I'm glad you decided to join and introduce yourself.

Like Forkin said - no questions are silly, so ask as much as you want. :D

My mom has a lab and once a week or so she gives her a raw egg to eat (with shell and all). It's pretty amazing, Ciola (the lab) plays with the egg for almost an hour before se deliberately brakes it and eat it. :lol:
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Murphy gets a raw egg every couple of weeks, but I wouldn't trust him to "put it away". :lol:
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Welcome to the forum!!! well it's not really a welcome because you've been here for a while. :D If you ever need help with the techy stuff, feel free to send somebody a private message. We would love to see some pictures or videos of your little girl!
--dontpugme
LindaOH

Post by LindaOH »

Aw...I can't get the smile off my face! I'm so-o-o happy to have read your "hellos"! Forkin14...what comes to my mind is the adorable photo you posted when you found Cadence sleeping at the top of the stairs! Noobs...I can relate to much about your journey with Muphy. Did you mention that he may have a bit of Whippet mixed in? Don'tPugMe...other than sending an e-mail to friends, I'm way over my head with the 'net! I hope to have my cousin's 15 yr old son help me to post a photo of Chloe someday! We adopted Chloe through a Lab rescue, but she is very much a "mix". She's slender, has skinny legs and small paws and a small head...so who knows? Still, she has a sweet temperment, pretty white eyelashes and we're so glad she lives with us! My first "silly" question has to do with Chloe's whiskers...I'm curious about the long ones coming from what I would describe as 5 fur-covered moles(?)on her face. One toward the side of each eye, one on each cheek and a single one under her chin. What are those bumps with the long whiskers? Again, as nervous as I was to do this I wanted to express my appreciation for the forum and to the experts/regulars, in particular. You are a committed, caring, knowledgable group! Well, back to reading......have a great day, everyone!
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Yes, Murphy is part Whippet, we suspect. There was a Lab/Whippet on an old UK episode of IMOTD (Lucy who raided the fridge when left alone) that looked just like him. And he has some of the Whippet temperament and the slender lower body, but the thick neck and webbed Lab feet. We think it's a good combo. He's full of energy outside and a couch potato indoors.

Hope you enjoy it here now that you've finally spoken up! :D
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hi and welcome to the forums, LindaOH! :D It's better to ask a "foolish question" than to foolishly kick yourself for not asking the question in the first place! :lol: I don't know how many times I've done that, let alone how many times or how long I've browsed these forums, until I got the guts to join before they'd think I was a stalker! :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

Welcome, and glad you decided to register and say hi. this is one of the friendliest forums I have ever hung out on. I think you will enjoy your self. don't worry about a questions being "silly" as others have already said. if you been checking in since 2006, you already know that this is the place to ask all those questions you been wondering about....so ask away. though it's best to not ask questions in this section as it's not checked as closely as the training, health and general sections are for example.
forkin14

Post by forkin14 »

LindaOH wrote:My first "silly" question has to do with Chloe's whiskers...I'm curious about the long ones coming from what I would describe as 5 fur-covered moles(?)on her face. One toward the side of each eye, one on each cheek and a single one under her chin. What are those bumps with the long whiskers?
Cadence has them too. Nothing to be worried about. I don't know EXACTLY what they are, but I'm guessing they're just like "whisker holders" for the larger ones :lol: