Hello from Pennsylvania, USA

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

RhysMom

Hello from Pennsylvania, USA

Post by RhysMom »

Hi, my name is Whitney, I have a pit bull, Rhys, who I got in February this year. He is 4 1/2 years old and a wonderful dog. :D
I took him in for a military family moving on-base and most US bases don't allow "dangerous breeds" such as pit bulls, rottweilers, Doberman pinschers, chows and wolf hybrids. He's been great, and we go on lots of hikes and walks and have started getting into canicross. Its been an adventure getting his allergies under control, but with some help from my new vet, we've done it with diet and an herbal supplement.
He's been great, and about a month after getting him we took a 6-week obedience class and we had a blast with that.
I don't have much in the ways of problems with him, the only things I really need to work on are him barking at people walking by the house and his leash skills when he sees other dogs and people on our walks he gets very excited and tries to go over to say "Hi!" (pulling).

Anyway, here are some photos, I know everyone always loves pictures!
dontpugme

Re: Hello from Pennsylvania, USA

Post by dontpugme »

Welcome aboard!!! Yes we love piccies. My goodness what a tongue! :P :D
--dontpugme
Doglover42

Post by Doglover42 »

dontpugme wrote:My goodness what a tongue! :P :D
exactly what I thought :lol:

beautiful dog though and welcome!!
RhysMom

Post by RhysMom »

Doglover42 wrote:
dontpugme wrote:My goodness what a tongue! :P :D
exactly what I thought :lol:

beautiful dog though and welcome!!
Ha yes, he does have quite the tongue, and loves to give kisses if you let him, Its constantly hanging out now that its so darn hot! :lol:
Wes

Post by Wes »

Welcome! Rhys is gorgeous, built just like my Rosie. Even has similar colouring! :D
luvmydogs

Post by luvmydogs »

Hello! I have a pittie named Emma ..Her tongue is that big too..Love the breed..Welcome aboard..
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Oh my, what a face!!

Welcome to the forum, and if you would like help on the issues you brought up, please have a look through the dog training section, use the search function, and if you need help beyond that, please post on the dog training section. Be sure to include the information you provided here, plus tell us about his daily routine, meals, exercise routine, etc.