So....Who's Who? - Introduce Yourself Here

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Calin

So....Who's Who? - Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Calin »

This forum is great if you need a quick question answered about your doggie, but I was wondering if anyone hung out here regularly? If so, maybe we can all introduce ourselves?

I'll go first:

I'm Calin, 28 years old, married, and living in the U.S. I have two cats, Simon and Dash who are both tabbys. I also recently got a rottie puppy named Maddie. I'm an avid reader, an enthusiastic drinker, and a big fan of the old television show 'Firefly.' I first stumbled on 'It's Me or the Dog' while on the treadmill at my gym. I picked up a few good tips to use on my puppy and also burned some calories to boot!

Anyway, what about you guys? Tell me a little about yourselves and your pet!

I'm sorry if I'm overstepping my bounds here, but I figured since I've only had my dog for a couple of days, I've still got a lot to learn. I thought I might as well kick back, get comfy, and make some friends!
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Nope its a good thread matey, ill move it to the General Chatter area though.

Im Emmabeth, im old enough to know better and still young enough not to care :lol:

I have four dogs:

Saluki with a dash of greyhound - Abby, shes 12, silly and soppy and crazy.

Staffie x ??? (he was supposed to be a lurcher, his litter mates are... he isnt!), hes nearly 7, grumpy ole man, my best friend.

Little Lurcher (bedlington x whippet with some bearded collie and greyhound as well), Dilly, hes bonkers, devious very very naughty doggy, but gives great cuddles.

Collie x springer x gsd - Pteppic, hes neurotic, never stops moving, barks at everything, but does a great 'sad spaniel' face and is soooo sweet and cuddly...even if he drives us insane some days.

Theres also a cat, some rats, four tanks of tropical fish and some giant african land snails stuffed into the house!

As you can tell.... i quite like animals.

I moderate on here, so you all must be nice to me (thats actually not true, well i do Moderate this forum, but you dont HAVE to be nice to me!), my main goal on this forum is to make sure no ones question goes unanswered and make it easy to find help.

My day job is making doggy collars and leads and also other leather goods, and i work from home (i have to with my menagerie!).

Em
Lis & Addy

Post by Lis & Addy »

I live in Massachusetts, USA, and currently have one dog (Addy, a Chinese Crested Powderpuff), and two cats (one Maine Coon, Aquavit, and one domestic shorthair, Retsina.)

I've had both dogs and cats all my life, except during the years when I was a renter--it's hard enough to get an apartment when you have multiple cats; even harder with a dog. The love of my life prior to this was a border collie mix named Sunday that went everywhere and did everything with me in my teens and early twenties; if anyone had told us that such a sport as Dog Agility existed, we'd have been in seventh heaven. She was smart, obedient, loved people and loved other dogs. And in true border collie style, she knew when not to obey, too.

My other dogs have been working or sporting dogs, too. Addy is my first toy breed. She's just over a year old, and under-socialized, especially with other dogs, due to an unfortunate first buyer. (She was returned to her breeder; I'll skip that story for now.) She's responding beautifully to patient socialization training, and is incredibly eager to learn and eager to please.

And incredibly athletic. If we make enough progress on her dog socialization problems, I may finally wind up doing Dog Agility with my dog! Even thouugh I'm, ahem, not in my teens or twenties anymore. Not for quite a while...
lulu4422

Post by lulu4422 »

My name is Sarah. I'm 22, just graduated with a degree in English, and now looking for a job. My dog is Annie, a 12 year old who-knows-what. She's kind of big, about 55-60lbs, black with some white now that she's older, and has the most dense, fluffy, multi-layered fur of any dog anywhere! She came to live with my family after we saw her at an adoption fair... we were looking for a golden retriever puppy, but she was so cute and needed a home, so here we are. She is very smart and cuddly and everyone who meets her loves her. 8)

Annie has a calico cat named Mrs. Kitty. They are best friends because Annie found her living in our toolshed and whined at us to let her inside. She was a bony skeleton cat and now is nice and healthy and sweet. They sometimes sleep together and play a lot.

Newly added to the household is my brother's APBT puppy named Kendra. She is mostly good, just very persistant. When Annie barks at her to go away, she reacts like, "Whoa, you just barked... did you do it because... umm... you want to PLAY WITH ME?!?!" When Mrs. Kitty swats at her, she just bows and shoves her toy in the kitty's face. I've taken over training her. So far, using the clicker method, she knows sit, stay, and lie down. I've learned a lot on this forum, especially reading about the positive training methods and the potential dangers of aversives, and about doggy foods. I love Victoria's show and am so happy to have found this forum! I'm on here a lot now that I've found it. See ya'll around!
german shepherds uk

Post by german shepherds uk »

I'm Sara & currently owned by 2 male german shepherds (Billy & Buster), 4 Tarantulas, 3 mice, lots of bunnies, 3 human children & 1 hubby :lol: :lol:

My daughter & I breed & exhibit our rabbits (German Lops, Dwarf Lops, Thriantas & Mini Rex) at BRC shows across the country, thats how come we have a fair few *lol*

Buster is our old boy & will be 10 in december, he's a big teddy bear :D

Billy is our young chap & will be 3 in march, he's a bit of a handfull at times but has calmed down a lots over the last year.

Anywhooo this is me :D
Calin

Post by Calin »

That's neat that we have a couple of people here who show their animals. I always wondered what it would be like to show a pet. :)
Paul Kassell

Hi

Post by Paul Kassell »

Calin hi my name is Paul,

I have been working with dogs on and off for the last thirty years, all breeds but my personal favorite has always been the Siberian husky. A dam difficult dog to teach.

I currently teach at a school in San Pedro, my teacher and mentor can be found at, http://www.thedogman.net/ Maybe you have heard of him?

I currently only have the one Siberian Husky, the 5th one I have owned. His name is Dakota. Got that off the net, it means friend and ally. He is a rescue dog that I got nearly three years ago as a pup, actually I swapped him for the girlfriend. Best 3 years of my life, I went back to teaching. She had to go, the girlfriend that is, didn't even like cats. I am very suspicious of people who don't like animals.

I just turned 50 a couple of weeks ago,so I am allowed to make jokes like the one above.

Enjoy the board.
Maggie

Hi all

Post by Maggie »

Hi all,
My name is Maggie, I am married with 2 preteen nightmares, both girls and I am owned by 2 beautiful pooches. My girly is an American Bulldog called Ethel, she is 2 and a bit, and an absolute dream. We bought her from a reputable breeder here in the UK and ive got to say ive never had such a well behaved dog. She was a dream to house break and has been a dream to train in general. Still pulls like a steam train, but what do you expect with 5 and a half stone of solid muscle ( ok maybe not solid :wink: )
The boy I am owned by is a Bullterrier ( english ) called Montgomery, or Monty for short .He is 10 months old. He is a rescue dog from the Bullies In Need charity, and aswell as being deaf, has a heart murmer. Well what can I say about him.... Oh yes, he is a typical bullie pup! :shock: :lol: He is the complete opposite to Ethel and as funny as hell. He is still in the puppy stage and adores attention.
Well dont really know what else to tell you, apart from I am a "its me or the dog" addict. Everything gets stopped while Victoria is on the telly. I love the programme and woe betide anyone who interupts my veiwing!
So thats me and mine, nice to meet you all, Maggie :D
PB

Post by PB »

hello everyone !!!

i live on long island, in new york, in the USA.

i have no dogs. never have. i have 3 cats that i rescued from outside.

i have rescued about 25 cats and kittens so far. the ones that i was
able to socialize got adopted out to wonderful families that i am still
in touch with.

the others were released back into my yard after they were fixed and
vaccinated where they have lots of comfy shelter and a food station
on a covered porch and lots of toys.

i have to say i love this woman and her doggie training methods.
she is amazing.

i can't tell enough of my doggie friends about her.

i hope she has her show here in the USA for a long long time !!!

good to meet you all !
VISIT WWW.PETFINDER.COM TO ADOPT A PET
Nic25

Greetings from New Zealand :)

Post by Nic25 »

Hi my name is Nicole, I am a 25yr old kiwi and I have two dogs, Sable and Otis and one cat Griffin.
Otis is our eldest at 4, he is a rescue dog (from SPCA) whom they call a mastiff and we call a staffy *grin* He is a beautiful light tan all over with with white feet and a white chest. Otis is a fabulous dog with such an easy going nature that his sister ( - we refer to Sable & Otis as 'brother&sister' seen they are fixed) gets away with murder with him. He must be a Leo as he is incredibly proud of himself and cries if his sister out shows him (makes us laugh like loons).
Sable is a huntaway (farm breed), blue merle & lab cross from a pet store. She is a very sweet girl who for her first year was raised by our previous cat Artemis (we couldn't leave her out with Otis as he kept standing on her feet accidently and making her yell) whom she fell totally in love with and was devastated when Arty was hit by a car and killed (so was I) When we finally decided to get Griffin (a crazy torty who i love!) she was very happy but occasionally will leave the room when Griff comes in because it upsets her (she goes to hide on my partners computer chair). I think it makes her think of Arty.
Oooh gotta go am gonna miss train otherwise :)
Owner of two big (30kg each) puppies and one wee cat :)
Boxacrazy

Post by Boxacrazy »

My name is Kirstine, I'm from the UK, Berks/South Oxon borders.
I own/share my home with
Misty 9yo Boxer, red and white, KCGC's Bronze and Silver awards
her daughter
Abby 6yo Boxer, brindle and white, KCGC Bronze and Silver awards
Her cousin
Sophie 3 1/2 yo Boxer, brindle and white
Their friends
2 half siblings which are cats, semi-longhaired
Saffron and Clyde both neutered. Dark Tortie and Black/smoke and white.

I show my dogs and have been showing for 18 years or so now..
I've shown at all levels and that even includes Crufts, 2 of my dogs have
won 2nd prizes there too. :D

The showing is a bonus, they are part of the family first and foremost.
That's why I won't 'home' on when they've retired from the show ring.
Furry_Monster

Post by Furry_Monster »

Hello.

I'm Rebecca, i'm 15 years old and live in the UK.
I have 2 cats, 1 horse and have just bought a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy last week.
Becca
&
Sasha
katowaggytail

Post by katowaggytail »

Hi, I'm Fi and live in East Sussex, UK. I am owned by my rescue Ridgie that I got in February, previously I've had Bouviers and Labs. I also have 2 buns 7 1/2yrs and 2yrs, a teenage girl and bloke!! Would love to have more animals but think bloke may have a nervous breakdown! I pop in on a daily basis to see what is new ont he Forum. x :D
D

Post by D »

My name is Danielle, am 27 and live in west Oxfordshire. I adopted a gorgous 18month GSD 5 weeks ago called Bella. Within an hour of getting her home ahe had completly taken over the house but I wouldn't have it any other way, and couldn't imagine not having her around now.
I have always loved IMOTD but even more so now I have my own dog (as she is my first, so there has been a lot of learning to do).
jitterbug91

Post by jitterbug91 »

Hi everyone!

My name is Mary and I'm 16 yrs old. I live in the US and have 2 dogs and 1 horse. I was adopted from Romania and I currently have contact with my birth family and several of my siblings. I think there's 12 all together!!

My first dog is Bailey and she's a German Shepard mix. She's about 7yrs and she's having trouble picking herself up from a sit and a laying down position. My other dog is a Minature Pincher named Sarge. I thought it would be funny to name him that because he thinks he's tougher than the other dogs that stroll by him. Both dogs were adopted -- Sarge came from Trader's Village and Bailey came from PetsMart. My step-mom and I have been working with Sarge because he won't let my parents shower in peace. He likes to bark constantly and jump around...he also pulls on the lead or at least tries to but he goes where he wants. Another thing he does is barking loudly when visitors come over. I made my parents, especially my dad, (because he spoils Sarge too much) watch Victoria's program and they really liked it.

I became inspiried by Victoria to become a dog trainer and one of my mom's friends is a professional dog trainer who's going to work with me, so that's really exciting! Also, my friends and I are building a fansite for Victoria but it's been sort of slow along the way :D