So....Who's Who? - Introduce Yourself Here

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

horsefreak88

Post by horsefreak88 »

I've been hovering around here for quite some time now so I figure I might as well go ahead and introduce myself!

I'm Ashley, 21 years old and live in the northern suburbs of Atlanta, GA along with my husband. We have two crazy cats (Lou and Lil Bit) along with the doggy love of my life, Annie, our 10 month old white GSD. Annie amazes me each day in how much she loves life and never ceases to make me laugh. We've learned some stuff the hard way but I would say in the long run this has made our bond stronger each and every day.

I am a horseback riding instructor for a non-profit riding academy and I wouldn't have it any other way. I have a 15 y/o grey thoroughbred gelding named Wasabi. He's a little ADHD, slightly neurotic but as sweet as they come and that's just how I love him. It's amazing how similar in personality my horse and dog are...maybe it has something to do with their mom :lol:
Ulrike

Post by Ulrike »

My Name is Ulrike, I´m a female, divorced, from Stuttgart/ Germany and I am 39 yrs. old.

I have four kids, a boy almost 23, a girl 19, a boy 18 and a girl 17 years old. The two elder kids left home to build their own family.

We have four cats (Midnight, Gina, Stephen and Tyson) and one french bulldogg (Aaron). My big girl owes two dogs (french bulldoggboy an a staffygirl - Luniz and Sina), the fiancee of my big son owes one dog (chihuahua - Shawna).
Paul&Muttley

Post by Paul&Muttley »

My name is Paul, and I am single, 59 years young, with my mixed breed rescue dog Muttley, who is probably now about 4.5 years of age. I've had him for three years now, and he has become my best buddy. He and I have gone through a lot of experiences, most of which are documented in my frequent posts on the usenet newsgroup rec.pets.dogs.behavior. You can also read about our first year together in the Muttley Story in my sig. You can find out more than you'll ever want to know on my website http://www.peschoen.com, and I also just posted some pictures on the other thread here. I enjoy volleyball and hiking, but I've had back problems that have limited those activities recently. I also enjoy playing guitar, listening to blues, folk, and classic rock, and travel. I have a couple of old houses that need a lot of work, on a couple of acres of beautiful land with a hill, trees, meadow, and stream. I am an outings leader for the Sierra Club, and I am very interested in nature, conservation, and cooperative living (cohousing).

This is me and my buddy Muttley at a KOA Kabin in June 2008:
melhos123

Post by melhos123 »

My name is Melissa or Mel :D and I'm on here trying to learn as much as I can.

I'm 20 years old and attend Uni. at the University of Iowa. I have one dog that I left at home with my parents when I started school named Rocky, and am looking foreword to moving this summer into a new place where I can FINALLY have pets.

Currently my dog activities include volunteering at our local shelter, and I've taken a class on how to train our new arrivals. :lol: Which is always fun and entertaining! (They don't let new volunteers work with aggressive dogs) Anyway I'm learning a lot and having fun. And I want to be the best owner I can when I get the chance.

Nice to meet you all!
Bonny

Hello!

Post by Bonny »

Hi everybody,

My name is Bonny and this forum has been wonderful for me and my new dog Ernie. I adopted him a month ago and since he was full grown, and around a year old, I was having a difficult time figuring out how to train him. I went through so many books on training, none of them really rang true though. I was really getting frustrated before I found this site!

Your articles on loose lead training, "dominance" and diet tips have really helped! I've always loved Victoria's show, that's why I googled this site and found these great articles. There are SO many trainers that use choke/prong/dominance techniques that I disaprove of. I want Ernie to be well-behaved, and we have a lot of issues to go through, but I don't want to add to them in the process!

Anyway I'm a 28 year old nursing student in Milwaukee Wisconsin (USA) and I've been a big dog person all my life. I'll be posting Ernie's picture in the photo's thread.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!
ruckusluvr

Hello from Kentucky

Post by ruckusluvr »

My name is Amanda, I live and groom dogs in a small Kentucky town. I have two dogs. They are shelties. Ruckus is 2 and 1/2 and Lynn is 9 mos.

Ruckus is my problem dog! He is VERY VERY VERY reactive. With the help of Victoria's techniques and a book called "Control Unleashed" he is getting much better!
jfinner1

Post by jfinner1 »

Hello! My name is Jessyca, I'm 21 years old, married, and I live in Akron Ohio. Here is a quick list of my household's pets:

Dogs
Diamond, female, 3 years old, tiny toy poodle, white
Princey, male, 2.5 year old, toy poodle, black
Blaze, female, 4 month old, tiny toy poodle, strawberry-blonde
Ry-Ry, male, 4 month old, toy poodle, blonde
Angel, female, 4 month old, toy poodle, blonde
(The 3 puppies are Diamond and Princey's first litter)

Rabbits
Patrick, male, 6 years old, mini-rex, black and white
Mouse, male, 5 years old, lop-mix, brown and white
Xenos, male, 2 years old, mini rex-dwarf mix, white w/ a few black spots

Needless to say, we have a houseful. My husband and I are currently looking to buy a duplex to share with his mother and younger brother. The dogs are technically theirs, though since we are at their house so often doing house-hunting and the sort, I've taken it upon myself to train the puppies, as my way of helping out. Admittedly, each animal has it's own "special person" that they've really taken to. Xenos and Blaze are mine, Patrick and Mouse are my husband's, Diamond and Angel are mom's, and Princey and Ry-Ry are my brother-in-law's. So everybody is happy, lol. I'll be posting pictures soon.
Kittylove5

Post by Kittylove5 »

Howdy, I'm Ashley! I'm 20 years old and I live in Independence Missouri. I love, love. love animals like crazy and people always think I may grow up to be a crazy cat/dog lady with 90 pets. :oops: (That's never going to happen.)
I'm going to attend college for Culinary Arts, I want to become a very successful chef and one day own my own resturant.

I have a 8 1/2 year old Main Coon mix cat named Simba who is very friendly to just about anyone except little kids who try to pull his fluffy tail.

I am currently looking for a puppy of my own because Simba cannot stand other cats and for some reason likes dogs a whole lot better which is no problem to me when I want to get me a puppy and a new friend for Simba, king of the jun- er house :P

I am a fan of Victoria and will use her tips to help my future pupster's life the happiest.

Here's to hoping the best for myself and everyne here on these forums!
bubbles99205

Post by bubbles99205 »

wonderful site, lots and lots of good info.

I am Jean I live with my Husband Tony in Spokane Washington, USA
I have a 16 y.o daughter, who lives with her Father.

We have 6 dogs

Emmy: Lhasa Apso 5 y.o
Billy: Mini Dachshund 4 y.o
Fiona: English Bulldog 3 y.o
Charlie: Basset/Shephard Mix 2 y.o
Misha : Mini Dachshund 2 y.o
Gonzo: Chihuahua 8 weeks old

Yes I know. They are my loves and my little baby dogs (no, I do not treat them as babies) I know better :-)
springermomx3

Post by springermomx3 »

Hi! :D

I live in upstate NY with my 3 spaniels.

Riley is a 4yr old pure English Springer Spaniel. He is the butthead of the house. He finds everything amusing.

Jasmine is a 3yr old pure English Springer Spaniel. She is the queen and bosses the boys around. She thinks she walks on water.

Tucker is an approximatly 4-5yr old Brittany/Springer mix. He was rescued July 2007 from a shelter. He had lived in the shelter for 8 months and the rest of his life before that tied to a pole and abused. He is now the most loving sweet dog, very smart but no common sense. He is a manly dog to say the least lol.

I also have 2 kitties, a 14-15yr old sweety named Putsy and an 11yr old psycho path named Samie.

Loving the forums so far!
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT »

I live in Atlanta with my husband of 18 years and our 3 kids.

We have Gemini, our female fawn English Mastiff (12 month)s, Isis, female merle Great Dane (18 weeks), Sierra, (Domestic Short Hair (3 years) and Nevada, Domestic Short Hair (1 year).

I go back and forth between this forum, Mastiffs.org, and All About Danes.
Suzanne

Mom to Gemini, English Mastiff, and Isis, Great Dane
nancy

HELLO FROM GREECE

Post by nancy »

Well, sorry but I firstly posted in a wrong topic, so!!!!!!

Hello,

My name is Nancy and I live in Thessaloniki/ Greece.
I live with my 12months old puppy, SISI, a semi terrie.
I am studing positive teaching in a dogs teaching school, and I am very pleased and excited.
She is my first dog I ever had and she teaches me LOVE, HAPPINESS, KINDNESS and SIMPLICITY .

I know, you are often busy VICORIA and that it is almost impossible to answer. But I hope you will find a moment to look around and see that you have fans all over the world.

I saw some Tv programms with your training in SKAI channel in Greece. And you were the one who pushed me on having a dog and learn how to teach him.
So !!!!! Thank you very much. And I wish I can find a way to buy some of your books.

Best regards
From Greece
nancy

HELLO FROM GREECE

Post by nancy »

Well, sorry but I firstly posted in a wrong topic, so!!!!!!

Hello,

My name is Nancy and I live in Thessaloniki/ Greece.
I live with my 12months old puppy, SISI, a semi terrie.
I am studing positive teaching in a dogs teaching school, and I am very pleased and excited.
She is my first dog I ever had and she teaches me LOVE, HAPPINESS, KINDNESS and SIMPLICITY .

I know, you are often busy VICORIA and that it is almost impossible to answer. But I hope you will find a moment to look around and see that you have fans all over the world.

I saw some Tv programms with your training in SKAI channel in Greece. And you were the one who pushed me on having a dog and learn how to teach him.
So !!!!! Thank you very much. And I wish I can find a way to buy some of your books.

Best regards
From Greece
Pawzk9

Re: HELLO FROM GREECE

Post by Pawzk9 »

What an international group! I'm Sandy. Fifty-umn-something, I live in Oklahoma City, OK with several Australian Shepherds, a couple of cats and a tolerant husband. I've been a dog trainer for about 30 years. A clicker trainer or about a third of that and have a dog training school. www.positivelycanine.com
Sandy in OK
www.positivelycanine.com
sharron lloyd

Post by sharron lloyd »

hi not been on for a long time. had probs with computer, with any like i should be back.