Hello

First-time users can introduce themselves to the Positively community here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Kiwidog

Hello

Post by Kiwidog »

Hello, we have a border collie cross (maybe with kelpie) puppy called Luna. She is nearly 6 months old and mostly pretty great!
This is our first puppy and I quickly discovered that it is quite similar to having your first child - first of all there is all the unasked for advice (often contradictory or against what feels right to you), then there are the wakeful nights and toilet training, plus toddler like behaviour! The internet has some great advice and some not so great advice - we went to a fantastic life skills class early on which helped us with the tools to train her and then I read loads of books including two of Victoria's, which brought me here!
Shalista

Re: Hello

Post by Shalista »

welcome! welcome! thats a seriouse bundle of energy you have there! Kudos to you for putting up with her as a toddler and stick around for her teenage months :P
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
Kiwidog

Re: Hello

Post by Kiwidog »

Thanks! Yes had a read more about border collies before we got her I may have been put off but she's a wonderful family dog, loves children and playing with other dogs and is very affectionate. I can take her to watch the boys play soccer, rugby or cross country and she is calm with hundreds of kids running past her and yelling. At home however she is on high alert to sounds!