My Rescues

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

DogzRule1996

Re: My Rescues

Post by DogzRule1996 »

Hope you don't mind, but I looked through your other pictures too. I like where Sabatian says hello and his birthday video where he dances :lol: :lol: too cute I wish I had parrots :(
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
♫♪(¯` ¸(¯`'•.¸**¸.•'´¯)¸.• ¯)♫♪
(¯`'•. --=-_Stop Animal Cruelty Now!_-=-- `'• .¸_)
(_¸-_(_¸.•'´*♫♪♫♪*`'•.¸_)`'• .¸_)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

Glad you enjoyed them :-) Sabastian is fun..rarely speaks with a camera on him though. He and a friend share a birthday so I made the video for her...it was a real treat that he actually said something. Maybe one day you will have a parrot. So many in rescues. They are messy and loud which sadly sometimes lead to abuse...so if you have the patience check into a local parrot rescue..there are a lot.

I'm going to do a shameless plug..the actress friend who takes care of the food and supplies every month for my rescues..she's taken on a new role for the fall..she's going to be on CSI:NY this fall. Her name is Sela and she is as compassionate as she is talented. My mom died and I thought I would have to stop the rescue and find another rescue for the animals. But as soon as Sela found out she made sure I didn't lose the animals. It's been five years now...she's amazing. I'm so blessed to continue doing what I love because of her.

A side note..Mozart made more progress I updated on the success stories.
============================================
My goal is to become the kind of person my pets think I am

My websites:
http://www.freewebs.com/ruthiesfanpages

My macaw said I'm a good girl and I believe him 8)
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

Batteries were dying so this is a fuzzy picture..but you can see the mohawk I gave Toby..I do my own grooming and thought I would do something fun. He doesn't seem to mind too much:

My websites:

MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Very cute!
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

MPbandmom wrote:Very cute!
Thanks...its probably a good thing my digital camera broke I could fill this pageLOL I use a flipvideo now the still shots aren't the best but good enough. I wonder if the animals had something to do with the demise of the camera...notice Toby is sticking his tongue out at meLOL

My websites:

DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

Nice mohawk :lol: we don't have any parrots in our area. There just aren't any in Texas :( But we can buy a ferret for $99at Petco, but the cages cost a lot :? There are also those white birds with the yellow mohawk-like things on their heads... I think they're cockatoos or something, but they're like $999 or something :x And add in a big cage or perch for them :shock: Maybe I'll grow up to become a vet and have my very own zoo AND be rich as well :lol:
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

DogzRule1996 do a google search on parrot rescue in your area...the warmer states have more parrots than we do because breeders take advantage of weather and have outdoor aviaries. I'd recommend fostering first so you can see what having a parrot is like...cockatoos and amazons are the hardest to care for...both are EXTREMELY LOUD...I recently adopted out a cockatoo and she was the most destructive parrot I've even cared for...turned my back for a second and she took the trim off the window trim...they are like giant termites and can undo anything with screws..she took the african grey's cage apart...so you'd need A LOT of toys..you'd have to keep her interested in wood toys and toys that can be taken apart...they go through toys really fast so you will need disposable cash. Amazons are the ones always given up the most every spring..when in season they are so 'aggressive' they don't want to be held or touched and don't want you near their home. But I have an elderly one here and she is amazing...I just don't fuss with her when she doesn't want me around...don't know why that's so hard for people..but no they just get rid of them. You can often get them for free in some place people just want them out of their house. So sad. The easiest would be the cockatiel..highly recommend as a first bird.

But yeah look up rescues in your area and volunteer to help or foster..you'll get to see what having a parrot is like before actually getting one. They are a lot of work and regardless of the size they all bite...the noise and biting is often what brings them into rescue..people can be so evil in retalliation. They poop about every fifteen/twenty minutes so you will go through a lot of papers and they require regular fruits and veggies along with their pellets to be healthy. Good luck!

My websites:

DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

Maybe when I grow up :lol: I'm DEFINITELY going to MOVE OUT OF THIS STATE and get our own zoo :twisted:
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

Didn't realize you were a child...glad you love animals!

My websites:

wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Cute picture with Toby with his Mohawk! :D I thought it was funny because it looks like he's going to kill you (figuratively speaking) for taking his picture with his Mohawk! :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

wvvdiup1 wrote:Cute picture with Toby with his Mohawk! :D I thought it was funny because it looks like he's going to kill you (figuratively speaking) for taking his picture with his Mohawk! :lol:
LOL He has a very arrogant personality...I'm fortunate that he ALLOWS me to photograph him or to even live hereLOL

My websites:

wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

He's still a sweetie, OhioRuthie! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

I just have the urge to get my neighbor's dog and give it braids and pigtails and everything even though it's a male dog and hates being groomed :lol: I've always wondered what it's like to have a dog where you dress it up and paint it's nails and stuff, but I wouldn't think about painting its nails but I WOULD think about the outfits and the "hair" :lol:
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
OhioRuthie

Post by OhioRuthie »

DogzRule1996 wrote:I just have the urge to get my neighbor's dog and give it braids and pigtails and everything even though it's a male dog and hates being groomed :lol: I've always wondered what it's like to have a dog where you dress it up and paint it's nails and stuff, but I wouldn't think about painting its nails but I WOULD think about the outfits and the "hair" :lol:

You are funny! I don't put clothes on them but I do play with their hair if its long enough!LOL

Thanks WVVdiup1...I'm sure Toby would agreeLOL

My websites:

troop

Post by troop »

aww cuteness