Cornwall

Upload pictures of your dogs here!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

JudyN

Cornwall

Post by JudyN »

It's been a few years since we went to Cornwall, having been put off by the time Jasper climbed a cliff and threatened to throw himself off the top. But he is now older and if not wiser, at least a little less manic.

I can't begin to express how beautiful the beaches are around here - and they are often framed by fascinating rock formations.

I just love exploring caves, and Jasper seems to enjoy it too! Sadly OH has a bit of a phobia, and never stops worrying that the rocks are going to give way at any moment and land on top of me :roll:

Jasper has really been enjoying exploring the beaches too. We haven't used the ball chucker this holiday as it upsets his joints - he's often looked at OH in hope & then been disappointed, but it's really not good for him and he can become a bit obsessed with it.

I've realised that one thing Norfolk has over Cornwall is that it's flat! We did three different beaches yesterday, the second one involving both a pre- and post-lunch walk, and the third being over 300ft below the level of the car park... my legs are killing me today :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Shalista

Re: Cornwall

Post by Shalista »

It looks like you both had so much fun! and it's so beautiful! mad jelly over here :lol:
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
Erica

Post by Erica »

What beautiful pictures! :) The caves look like fun to me too.
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Thank you :D Jasper blotted his copybook today by roughing up a neutered mature male chocolate lab. I've no idea what set him off as he's been a perfect gent with every other dog he's met, but I can only assume there was some tiny nuance of body language which went right over our heads.

Another coupla pics of him cooling off:

AliceGrimm

Post by AliceGrimm »

Those photos are beautiful!!
Jasper has the right idea cooling off in the water. It is so clear!

Does he always like to sit in water?

Erm.. may I ask why he wears a muzzle. I have seen and heard you talk about it, I was just curious why. I suppose it is good, especially considering he had a little trouble with the chocolate lab!

I am glad you guys had a wonderful time!!!
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

AliceGrimm wrote:Does he always like to sit in water?
Only if he gets hot - he doesn't head for water for fun like, say, a spaniel would. But he does overheat easily - even a good run in winter can have him heading for a wallow.
Erm.. may I ask why he wears a muzzle. I have seen and heard you talk about it, I was just curious why. I suppose it is good, especially considering he had a little trouble with the chocolate lab!
Briefly, he has the sensitivity typical of a sighthound, but when he gets upset his terrier genes take over and he can lash out. If someone he really loves grabs him by the collar he'll have a go at them, if someone tries to drag him away from a tasty cowpoo, if a squealing child tried to give him a cuddle, if he stole someone's picnic and someone tried to take it back... He's completely happy wearing it as he's so used to it, and he's generally very good - it's a bit like wearing a seat belt, you don't expect to need it but one day you might.
AliceGrimm

Post by AliceGrimm »

Those both make sense. I figure it is pretty cold over there to be sitting in the water. But I understand feeling overheated.
The water is really clear and beautiful!

I think it is wonderful, and I am use to people doing muzzles for safety. I just can't help but be curious. He is lovely though <3
KathleneDewberry

Post by KathleneDewberry »

Lovely pictures. We could see the love between you both.