breeds?

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ZaraD

breeds?

Post by ZaraD »

hi

i was not going to do another post in breed questions but i think i need to to help a dear friend of my sisters.

my sisters best friend has always known that German shepherds are for her and she has owned tow in the past 10 yrs. the first one died young at 3 yrs old from cancer and the second died at the age of 8 yrs last year due to a dog fight and was not able to be saved. shes been dog free for nearly 1 yr and has hated every minute of it. she would like to just get another GSD but around 6 months ago she was diagnosed with Tinnitus, which is a condition were she hears a constant loud ringing noise in her ears 24/7. she knows that GSD's are a very vocal breed and would not be able to mange the amount of barking they do like every time someone comes to the door or even when hers use to talk or bark during play.

she understand that there is no dog that doesn't bark but she has been looking at breeds of dogs that are not as prone to bark and are considered a lot more quieter as a breed.

i would be very grateful if anyone could go through her list and point out any breeds who are not considered quieter than the average dog.

the following breeds matched what she was looking for in traits and match her lifestyle but also these breeds were considered more quiet than most dogs, when trained and socialized from a young age.if there is any breed you feel is not considered quiet on the list please reply which one.

1) Shih Tzu
2) Labrador
3) Golden Retriever
4) Newfoundland
5)Clumber spaniel

i know thats mixed selection but she has researched all breeds and i just need help knowing if any of the breeds on the list are not considered to be massive barkers?
Shalista

Re: breeds?

Post by Shalista »

I cant speak to the others but i know for a fact that shih tzus are very barky. im not sure how many small breeds arent O.o
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
ZaraD

Re: breeds?

Post by ZaraD »

thanks Shalista :D

i thought the Shih Tzu should not be on the list to thats why i asked on here , as my mom has a Scottish terrier who is VERY vocal :lol: .

she has asked her vet and her trainer who trained her tow GSD's and they said that the Labrador and clumber spaniel can both be vocal. and that her best bet is the Golden or newf?