Vote for which breed you think is ...

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

are you scared of any of these breeds

Poll ended at Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:03 am

A/ German Shepherd Dog
No votes
B/ Rottweiler
No votes
C/ Doberman
No votes
D/ American Pit Bull Terrier
No votes
E/ Staffordshire Bull Terrier
No votes
F/ Labrador Retriever
No votes
G/ English Cocker Spaniel
No votes
H/ West Highland White Terrier
100%
I/ dachshund
No votes
J/ Chihuahua
No votes

Total votes: 1

Theo400

Vote for which breed you think is ...

Post by Theo400 »

hello

I have made a poll out of interest to see for my self which breeds are more likely people are going to be scared of. please do not be offended if your breed is on there but I could only choose 10 and the first one I have owned and loved. please be series with your answer as this is something I have always wonders after owning a GSD and having people cross the road all the time I want to see if people do fins GSD more scary than a Labrador as I have always been scared of the dachshund as I saw one attack someone as a child so am not there biggest fan.
JudyN

Re: Vote for which breed you think is ...

Post by JudyN »

I think you're asking the wrong people - forum members are highly unlikely to generalise about any breed in this way, but people you meet out and about are far more likely to.

If I wanted a dog I think other people perceive as dangerous, I wouldn't let that stop me from owning one at all. I'd rather people kept their distance from my dog until properly introduced.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Theo400

Post by Theo400 »

Hi

ok sorry. I just wanted see what you would all vote. nobody has to vote I would delete but I don't know how to.

Sorry.
master2

Post by master2 »

Hi Theo

its fine. I don't mind voting but I agree with Judy and the breed I voted was because I was bitten by one but since learning so much more and now owning my own dog I no that it was not the breed it was the owners and I have met good examples of the breed to.

but I voted for you. :D
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

What Judy said. :)

And I'm not afraid of any breed, and I do respect all breeds.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
ABsMomma

Post by ABsMomma »

I'm cautious around any type of Pit Bull. Some years ago, I was walking up the street in my neighborhood. We have a leash law, but the animal control officer goes home at three. As I walked up the opposite side of the street, this dog crossed over, and walked up to me. I could see from his body language that he was on guard. I did what one is supposed to in this situation, to no avail.
He tried to attack me, at which point I did run. He was snarling, chasing me, trying hard to bit me legs, etc. for awhile. The next door neighbor then came home, and rescued me in her car. She said this dog was so mean that " my children cannot play outside. ".
However, it was the OWNER who made the dog that way. She had had him chained outside on a short chain until right before I walked up the hill ( which probably cause his behavior. ) I have met other pit bulls who were properly treated, and were quite gentle and friendly. So, I'm not really afraid of them, but AM cautious, as with any unknown dog. That bad experience made me more cautious around this breed.