5 y/o siberian husky.

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

mrsmoose

5 y/o siberian husky.

Post by mrsmoose »

i'm probably not in the right area, so please let me know if I need to be redirected. My fiancee and I have a 5 y/o male siberian husky. We have had him since he was a puppy. I know this site is for obedience and dog training, but I am honestly not looking for that anymore. We need a new home for him. I came to this site because everybody here is familiar with dogs and might know of good places for huskies. We really do know what he needs to be happy. Unfortunately, we are now working incredibly long shifts, we live in an apartment (so no yard), and we just can't get him to the dog park as often as he needs to go anymore. He's bored and unhappy and is now using the restroom in the apartment. It's no longer a healthy environment for us, or him. We found a really good family for him once before, but the fenced in yard they had didn't even work. Within minutes he jumped the fence. We live in Indiana. We have been trying to find like maybe a husky "refuge" or a place that will know how to take care of him and give him what he needs. We really don't want to go to a humane society because we obviously want him to go to a good loving home and not be cooped up all day anymore. We are trying to do the right thing for our dog and make him happy again, because of course we can't just quit our jobs. If anybody is aware of anything like I mentioned and knows they will take him, please let me know. Any advice would really be appreciated.
Swanny1790

Re: 5 y/o siberian husky.

Post by Swanny1790 »

http://husky.rescueshelter.com/Indiana = rescue orgs that specialize in huskies in Indiana and surrounding States.
"Once infected with the mushing virus, there is no cure. There is only trail." - Sven Engholm
mrsmoose

Re: 5 y/o siberian husky.

Post by mrsmoose »

I've never heard of that one before. Thank you so much for your help!