Guess my rescue dogs' breeds?

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

LoveMyRescueMutts

Guess my rescue dogs' breeds?

Post by LoveMyRescueMutts »

I have 3 rescue dogs, but this post is just about guessing the breeds of two. Two were labelled Jack Russel/black labrador mixes and 3 of the 4 dogs in the litter looked like JRT's and the 2 we picked were 1 that looks like a large Jack Russell Mix and one that looks like a mini flat coated retriever with the personality of a border collie, but who's very small for either of those breeds. We would love some input before we pay for a possibly inaccurate DNA test for of our rescue doggies. We are dog lovers and are just curious what other people think our mutts might be. (:

My thoughts, including pictures of each are:
The dog in the front is my pit/lab Bella, not one of the 2 I was curious about.This picture was meant to show Bambi, in the back, from the side
(Bambi, the JRT looking one who weighs 48 pounds, but looks MUCH chubbier than in this picture) Jack Russell/UnknownImage

(Voodoo, the black and white small sister of Bambi the JRT who weighs 25 pounds) Border Collie/Unknown. She has a tendency to nip the other dogs' heels when running off leash in the yard and is HIGHLY intelligent.Image

Voodoo and Bambi side by side (supposed JRT/lab mixes) Image

Again, this is just for fun to compare our own opinions with those who don't mind taking a guess in the dark.
Thanks!
Nettle

Re: Guess my rescue dogs' breeds?

Post by Nettle »

We love this :) but we need better photos! :lol:

Sideways on showing the whole dog, profile head, frontal head, and feet.

All I can say from these is that your JRT cross has a brindle head, and as very few breeds have the brindle gene, this will narrow done what the rest of her might be.

Looking forward to more pics of your crew.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
LoveMyRescueMutts

Post by LoveMyRescueMutts »

Thanks for your reply. I'm new to the forum and this is my first time replying, so bare with me! Both the oversized JRT and the black puppy have webbed feet.

Side view of both the JRT and the supposed JRT/lab mix as puppies together.

Voodoo, the unknown mix, lying on her back (she LOVES people and will do anything for attention. She also points like a pointer and has a hard time gaining weight despite using wormer, puppy food, blue buffalo brand, wet, dry, food with cooking grease, etc. so I believe the thinness is part of her breed (whatever it is)

Front view of Bambi, the rescued, previously abused JRT mix who is difficult to capture in pictures:

Front view of Voodoo, sitting, with clothes and pet-safe nailpolish:

Side view of Bambi, JRT mix (she was severely abused by previous owners, so it's difficult to get a picture where she's not hiding, so these are the best I could get. Image
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Lol, still can't see what I need to see, but they look like happy fit dogs and are definitely a credit to you :)

It isn't worth upsetting them to get clear photos. However our dogs are bred, we love them!
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS