Staff puppy's

Breed specific discussion of your favorite breed.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Sam&tex

Staff puppy's

Post by Sam&tex »

Hello we are new to this place and are in need of a bit of advice. We have two Staffies from the same litter after a good vet check we ruled out anything chemical but for some reason our male three month old is nervous in his walking field. He can't wait to go out and is good on the road and any other place but in the field he whines and cry. His tail is down to half mast and he is constantly searching for us.
His sister could not be more different if she tried she loves her walks responds well and is never more happy than playing in the field.
All the other training from this site has worked wonders, so for that in thank you all.
Will post a picture when I get the chance.
Ps they have no problem with anything else dogs, cars, people or children even fire works so this has us stumped.
minkee

Re: Staff puppy's

Post by minkee »

Hopefully someone will see this here and reply, but if not - the busiest section of the forum is the 'Dog Training Advice' section here: viewforum.php?f=4

If no one answers you might consider reposting over there, hopefully one of our experts will see this here though :)
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

You have a shy pup and a bold pup. Easy as that :wink: twelve weeks is no age at all, so the world is very new to both of them.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Sam&tex

Post by Sam&tex »

Thank you for the reply's iv never had a true pet dog just working ones in the family and show dogs so just want to "set them up for success" as you all say. I will keep on and take it slow see how he goes.
Thanks again
Sam&tex

Post by Sam&tex »

Update time, we are now eight months old and happy as. I can have both in the park no issues and no more crying. Did have a run in with an off lead jrt that bit my boy ( he was trying to hide behind my legs ) the owner was very sorry and all that but on a good note he has net held a grudge he has since walked on lead with the nipper. So thank you all. Ps he's bold as brass now nothing phases him.