Pine Tree Resin

Discussion of grooming tips and questions.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Fundog

Pine Tree Resin

Post by Fundog »

Okay, next problem-- and this one is even worse than smelly bum fur:

Dottie Monster just loves to lay under our big pine tree (I can't blame her, it's shady and cool and smells delightful). Unfortunately, she collects sticky pine resin and pine needles in her coat. Any ideas for getting that stuff out? Shampoo doesn't really do it, and of course you can't just brush that stuff ouch-- Er, I mean out, lol.
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
Nettle

Re: Pine Tree Resin

Post by Nettle »

I don't know of anything......but wonder if vaseline might work? Harmless enough if it fails. I've used it to get tar out of a horse's coat.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Fundog

Re: Pine Tree Resin

Post by Fundog »

Thank you Nettle, and just in time too... Mr. Fundog and I plan to work on those mats tonight, when he gets home.

I use vegetable oil to get it off my hands, I might try giving that a go. What we could do is coat her with oil in the bathtub, then shampoo it all out. Ugh-- imagine cleaning that tub, though. I might wait until it gets just a bit warmer outside, then do the full bath job. :lol:
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.