So Simple-- Who would have thought? LOL

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Fundog

So Simple-- Who would have thought? LOL

Post by Fundog »

As many of you know, we recently had some issues with Dottie at bedtime, and even with sharing the bed with her, among other things. Well, the other night I noticed that she really likes to curl up on the floor next to my bed. We had a dog bed for each of the girls along the back wall, across from the foots of the beds.... So I picked up Dottie's bed from where I had it before (and she never used it), and put it in the corner next to my bed instead. Now she goes straight to her bed, rather than sleeping on my bed with me! Even last night when we got up to visit the "privy," when I let her back in, she went straight to her bed and curled right up, whereas she used to get on my bed and curl up in my "warm spot."

Who would ever have guessed the solution could be so simple? :lol:
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
chay

Re: So Simple-- Who would have thought? LOL

Post by chay »

rofl, thats great news fundog :lol:

the fun and games of speaking different languages, hey. for some reason it is often the simplest of solutions that is the last to occur to us human-types!
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

When I read your post, Fundog, I laughed so hard that I fell out of my chair! Great to hear she didn't "claim" your bed, Fundog! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Oh excellent :D

*this* is the kind of thing, that I think positive training allows for, where punishment and dominance type stuff just wouldnt, because with those ideas youd be concentrating so much on 'omg dont do that, no we cant allow that' theres no room to think 'hey.... maybe if i ....'

I bet Dottie was all 'Finally! They get what I wanted!'
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant