What, me worry ?

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

clancysollynikki

What, me worry ?

Post by clancysollynikki »

About a month ago I wrote about Frannie and her severe anxiety when I simply went out the door, even if she could still see me as I walked to the garage for just a minute. Well, between the DAP infuser, the Clomipramine twice a day and lots of practice for short times that I slowly increased and she is doing great. Yesterday I decided to try leaving her in the house with the other dogs while I went in to town to the grocery store. As I rolled down the driveway I could see her sitting by the side door which is all glass. I wondered if she would just sit there until I came back or run around freaked out or....

I was gone several hours and when I got home everything was fine. Like the other dogs she was sacked out in the living room and none of them came rushing to the door as they heard me come up the driveway. They all just sauntered back to the sunroom after I came in. She will still barge out the door and the gate into the back yard when I head for the compost bin or to check the horses and goat but I don't have a problem with that.

I will take her down to just one dose a day of the meds for a while and then hopefully off them completely. I'm so happy that she's not in a total panic when I leave. Maybe I will try the meds on Calypso my CRAZY little chocolate lab. :roll:
Fundog

Re: What, me worry ?

Post by Fundog »

Well good. It's great to hear things are improving. Thanks for the update! 8)
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Good to hear your dog is improving! Great job! Thanks for the update and hope to hear more updates from you again soon! :D :D :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
ckranz

Post by ckranz »

Sounds like good progress.