Got Recall????

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

jacksdad

Got Recall????

Post by jacksdad »

I took the day off and decided to take Jack to the local state park. had a good walk, he dealt with the couple dogs we ran into very well, a chose to walk way from a couple others. He was ok with humans unless they tried to talk to him...so basically back to his new normal self.

So, when the time came to leave we started walking back to the car when just ahead of us.....a squirrel. Jack takes off, popping the leash out of my hand. knowing recall would be use less at this stage with great effort I held my tongue. sure enough the squirrel made it to safety and just as I am about to try and call Jack back....Another squirrel pops out a little further down the trail...and he is off again. All saw was his tush disappearing around the bend with his 15 foot lead flying behind him.

At this point I am thinking GREAT... Jack just took off at a full sprint, is out of sight and I am beat from our walk. but before I could even change from a walk to a run to go after him guess who come barreling back at a full sprint....

JACK!!!!!!....wooohooo self initiated recall.
Mattie

Re: Got Recall????

Post by Mattie »

Well done Jack and dad, all your hard work is really paying off now, there are more and more success stories. This shows that with the right training and management dogs can be turned round as long as owners are patient. :D
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Yippee!
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

YAHOOOOOOO!!! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Brilliant!!