RESCUE DOG

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

oliver dunn

RESCUE DOG

Post by oliver dunn »

I GOT A RESCUE DOG A YEAR AND A HALF AGO WHEN WE BOUGHT HIM HOME HE TRIED TO GET THROUGH THE PATIO DOORS AS HE THOUGHT HE COULD GET STRAIGHT OUT IN TO THE GARDEN. THEN WHEN IT WAS BED TIME HE USED TO LEAVE A PARCEL IN THE KITCHEN EVERY MORNING FOR US TO CLEAR UP HE USED TO RUN AWAY AND HE ALSO RUINED THE SITTING ROOM CARPET.
SO I DECIDED I TAKE HIM TO TRAINING OBEDIENCE DOG CLASSES AND I TELL YOU WHAT WHAT A CHANGE IN HIM HE MORE ABEDIENT HE DOES AS HIS TOLD WHAT A DIFFRENT DOG HE IS NOW SINCE I PUT THE TRAINING IN TO GETTING HIM TO BEHAVE BETTER. NO MORE PARCELS IN THE KITCHEN NOW I NOW HAVE A BRILLIENT DOG WHO LISTENS AND DOES HIS TOLD. :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Fundog

Re: RESCUE DOG

Post by Fundog »

And it was just the obedience classes that made this change? Or did you practice what you learned at home? And can you tell us anything more specific about what you did to change the behavior, besides just going to obedience classes? How did you get him to stop leaving "parcels" in the kitchen? :)
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.