Victoria has taught me well.....

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

GardeniaMountain

Victoria has taught me well.....

Post by GardeniaMountain »

I have learned so much from Victoria's show "It's Me Or The Dog"...
When I brought home my puppy at 7 week's, I was determind to train him with all the stuff I learned from watching Victoria on T.V.
My Puppy is now 6 month's old, and very well behaved.
He know's all these word's so far... Sit, Stay, Wait, Down, Crawl, Spin left, Spin right, Shake, Hi-Five, Come here, Fetch, Off, Get In, Let's Go, Bed, No, Drop It, Go Get It, Water and Door.
I give thank to Victoria, for he show, and showing me that I can be a good trainer to.

Unlike my other dog's that I have had in the past, my puppy Toby has turned out to mind very well.
Have had no real trouble, except that he's clumsy at times, and likes to chew the eyeball's off of stuff animal's.
He don't chase after stuff (and he's got the freedom)
He don't chew up much, except eyeball's off of stuffed toy's
He don't pull while on a leash
He don't bark (unless there's a real reason to, and that's rare)
He don't mouth anyone
He don't bolt out the door
He don't get on the furniture
He has no food agression (he let's the cat's eat with him)

Toby loves other dog's, and welcomes visitor's and he's never growled or showed him teeth.
I got 5 kid's, 4 dog's, 2 cat's, 1 bird and with Victoria's help, were very happy.
Toby is a Lab/Husky mix.... Greatest dog in the world in my eye's.

Thank you Victoria, for helping me teach Toby as well as I have been able to... your show is wonderful, and I watch it (even the re-run's) at every chance I get.
I want to keep learning, cause the more I learn from you, the better I do with training my dog.
***Melissa***

Re: Victoria has taught me well.....

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Hi, and welcome to the forums :D

You pup sounds absolutely wonderful. Please post some piccies - we love piccies
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
MPbandmom

Re: Victoria has taught me well.....

Post by MPbandmom »

I have a husky lab mix too. Great dogs, one does have to keep them busy though. :lol: Welcome to the joys of positive training!
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.