Jack's first tast of freedom

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

emmabeth

Re: Jack's first tast of freedom

Post by emmabeth »

I do love your posts Jacksdad - I think also it really helps those who are not sure or who just lurk...

But all credit to you - you came here with an idea that some of the advice youd been given didnt sit right with you - you stuck it out, getting a hard time off other folk including family, trying to find a better, happier way for you and Jack...

And now, look at the relationship you and Jack have, and you are exceeding your expectations completely!

That sure as heck beats the pants off of JUST having a dog who does as hes told, a dog you feel you have to battle with an d 'win' every time... a la 'dominance' methods.

You and Jack are an awesome team!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
jacksdad

Re: Jack's first tast of freedom

Post by jacksdad »

thank you.

I REALLY, REALLY appreciate all the advice and support I got here. It really helped stick it out when self doubt creeped in early on. would it work, was I doing the right thing etc. as I waited for that first break through with Jack to happen when another dog was around.

I now know and believe (for some time now actually) that I did make the right choices. That positive reinforcement "method" isn't just for teaching "silly tricks" and/or about giving your dog lots of treats. It's soooo much more. as that realization clicked, things started to fall into place.