Yeah, Misty!

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

bmbutler

Yeah, Misty!

Post by bmbutler »

Just have to give out a shout - Misty has gone 2 weeks without a potty accident!!! :D
She is even letting me sleep until my alarm goes off in the morning instead of being my rooster. :lol:

Looking back, I have had her almost 3 months and never thought we would reach this point. Kept setting short term goals (1st weekend without accident, etc.) and taking her out when she rings the bell.

Now to get through 4 more months in a one bedroom apartment before moving into our new house with large backyard...
Blackie's and Misty's Mom
Noobs

Re: Yeah, Misty!

Post by Noobs »

Yay for Misty!

Four months will FLY by, especially if there's a house and yard at the end of it. :D Congrats!
bmbutler

Post by bmbutler »

Thanks, Noobs. Counting down the days.....
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

YAAAAAAAY, Misy! :D :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Well done, expect her to go backwards when you move, she will soon pick it up again if you go back to the beginning and work the same way. :D
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
bmbutler

Post by bmbutler »

Thanks for the advice, Mattie. Am planning on her reverting a bit. Plan is to board them for a couple of days while I get all furniture in, get ALOT of unpacking done and nice new fence installed for backyard. Bring them home and let them come into the house on their own (through garage with door closed :D ) and let them explore with me right behind. Start back with strict routine and go from there.

Everytime I come home from going by the house I keep telling them to hang in there that their new backyard with large tree is waiting for them. :lol:
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I think she'll settle down after you're fully moved in just as long as you keep her "messes" cleaned to where she can't smell to "mess" again and keep working with her, she'll be fine! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Hooray for Misty! :D
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

wooohooo, nice work misty