Simba says "Thank You" to all of you....

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Simba

Simba says "Thank You" to all of you....

Post by Simba »

It is now a year since we adopted Simba. As many of you may remember we had a very rough time with this little puppy since he was very mouthy and he was continuously biting and lunging at us and we were extremely frustrated. At times we were ready to throw in the towel. Thanks to all your advice and loving support we hung in there and he has turned out to be a most precious companion who we totally adore. He no longer bites or lunges at us and we can wear normal clothes without fear of him tearing them. We are working with his pulling when we walk him and we are making some progress. We do not want to use a prong collar or gentle leader and believe our goal is to consistently get him to pay attention to us. Over time we feel he will be just fine. He is a smart one. In any case, I just wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you all so very much. You made the difference in this little guy's life (i.e. - he actually has a fabulous home versus what his destiny was when we picked him up) and we are all grateful to you.
My Best Buddy...
emmabeth

Re: Simba says "Thank You" to all of you....

Post by emmabeth »

Noooo...well done to YOU for toughing it out and putting in the work. We can chuffle on till the cows come home but if the owner and their family dont put in the work... nothing changes!

So well done to you, and now you have the confidence that you can fix other problems you may have, or that may occur so thats great too!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant