A quiter walk

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Lauram

A quiter walk

Post by Lauram »

Today we had a lovely walk. The whole gang was out, it was a pretty fast paced march.

And Lottie did pull at all, not once, no leaping or rearing nothing bad at all. She has been doing really well. Bramble is a little bit slower to behave BUT she was massivley better and after an initial burst of pulling right at the very start she settled and was walking with a slack lead or only a slight tension - Huge improvement. She did get excited again when Alf and Tessie bear got let off but again soon settled.

I'm so pleased with them, its so nice not to have your arms yanked out!!
Mattie

Re: A quiter walk

Post by Mattie »

Well done, it is lovely when we succeed in teaching our dogs what we want them to do. :D
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

No small feat since you have to handle so many dogs. Good job! :D :D :D
Lauram

Post by Lauram »

Thank you,

We have been doing alot of work with them seperately and its the first time (i think) since i posted on the training forum about them that they have been out on mass, which is why I was so pleased. I've been having bramble with Alf, Po and Meg and mum had been working Lottie. I have found that if I put bram between Alf and Po that it massivly reduces her pulling and that she only pulls if she is in front, I think the other dogs have calmed them down, they train the pups far better than I do and they don't seem to do anything.