Connors trick

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

pmcrae71

Connors trick

Post by pmcrae71 »

Connor is very hard to train, he is stubborn, very stubborn. Well, I have a problem with my lower back and cannot bend over, Connor is small and I have to bend down to put the leash on him. Well, One day, a while back, I could hardly walk much less bend over, so I stood next to the couch with the leash in hand and said 'up'. He jumps up on the couch and I was able to leash him without bending over! Now, whenever he gets excitted because he has to go potty, as soon as I stand up he jumps up on the couch without being told and when we come back in, he jumps on the couch so I can take the leash off, without being told. I was very surprised that he did this, pretty much on his own because I never used a treat to get him to jump on the couch or teach him to do this. It just took that one time and he's been doing it ever since!

And, he's starting to go poo outside. We have only had two accidents in the house, both were rainy days and little priss won't go out when it rains.
***Melissa***

Re: Connors trick

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Aww, that's sweet :)
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Awesome! That's pretty dang cool! 8)
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Yay Connor! and well done you too. :D
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant