Breakthrough!

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Wes

Breakthrough!

Post by Wes »

Hey all, thought I'd give an update on Rosie, my APBT whom I posted about a while back. She was highly reactive toward other dogs due to being so fearful, so I took the advice here and kept her away from other dogs for a while. I did read "Scaredy Dog!" and Rosie's new favourite game is trying to pick out new things to do to get her chicken. :D

Anyway, we had our first big outing about town the other day. During our walk, I saw a golden that Rosie had previously went berserk over in the distance and was able to get her to focus on me as the golden walked past her on the sidewalk. I was so proud, not so much as a peep out of her! All she wanted was the chicken and couldn't care less about the other dog. She still has a long way to go, I know, but I had to share, I was so excited. You folks are amazing, big hugs to all who take their time to give advice and help out here. :D
Fundog

Re: Breakthrough!

Post by Fundog »

Woo-hoo, way to go! :D That's terrific news, well done. :D
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Well done, it is all down to your hard work :D
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Well done to you and Rosie! Yes, most reactive dogs are always a work in progress but any step forward is a huge leap for your confidence and your dog's! Hugs!!!
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Lovely! Well done both of you and thank you for the feedback.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS