Big dogs are fun

Share your experience and tell us how using positive reinforcement training methods has changed yours and your dogs' lives.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Ferns Daddy

Big dogs are fun

Post by Ferns Daddy »

I've had Fern ( Chihuahua ) for a little over 4 years and she has always been a happy dog until she see a dog bigger than her, she always tries to get into fight with them, so we walk every early in the morning ( 6:00 am) or late in the evening. Today she found out that big dogs can be fun to play with, there a new family at the end of our walk with a Bull dog that thinks its cool to lay down in front of her and not move no matter what she does, I keep her close to me just in case,well after 5 min. of being nasty to him she gave up and went over and gave his a lick on the face and wants to play with him, I think and hope she will now be a bit nicer to bigger dogs. Fern was abused dog and still has bad dreams some times but not as much as she use too, she has become the love of my life and a reason to get up every morning.
Crazy Chihuahua make great pets
WufWuf

Re: Big dogs are fun

Post by WufWuf »

Aw bless his big bulldog heart letting a crazy lady shout at him :wink: :D
Ferns Daddy wrote:I think and hope she will now be a bit nicer to bigger dogs.
I would guess that it will only apply to the lovely Bulldog boy as dogs aren't really great at generalisations but it's lovely that she got to feel ok around him.

I'm a sucker for the littles and she sounds like a sweet little girl who's lucky to have such a caring owner :D .
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
PURPLEEDOGGPAWS

Post by PURPLEEDOGGPAWS »

i just got jess like 4 months ago husky,wolf mix. I wanna put like a picture here 4 u all 2 see but like idk how too nd i dont want to paste link a long link cauz its just like to ugly :(
nancotoito

Post by nancotoito »

We've got two young Husky's at home too both around 8 months now so they're growing fast, They're classed as a medium-sized dog but do gro quite big and are probably the perfect size for me. They're very handsome dogs that's for sure.
luke21

Post by luke21 »

Hi got huskies too.

My pom and my huskies get along well too.

Dogs naturally go along well because they are the same species.